I wanted a pair of 8-base polarized sunglasses with a gold frame, and it was hard to find one in a style that worked for me. I took a chance on these and I've been very happy with them. The frames are a nice compromise between the rounded aviator style and a more squared-off design. They're a little ornate on the sides, but if you don't mind that then they look excellent. The description doesn't say this, but they are indeed 8-base frames, which means they curve more and cover more of your peripheral vision than most standard sunglasses, which are usually 6-base or even 4-base. Great sunglasses for driving. The quality is good, but not necessarily top-notch. Much better than cheap drugstore or gas station sunglasses, but not as good as more expensive frames. I think they're well worth the clearance price.
These sunglasses are cheap, and the fame is inferior quality. The temples and hinges are very poorly made. They are not spring hinges. The lenses appear to be okay--a medium/light gray tint, polarized. It's the frames that are made from poorly crafted metal that make these sunglasses undesirable. The temples also have some odd scroll like cheesy design on them that makes them appear cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. I wish they had spring hinges for the temples and that the temples weren't connect with screws that easily come untightened.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it appeared to be accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap. Frames are inferior materials. The temples, and particularly the hinges are cheap. The hinges are not spring hinges. The temples are connected with 2 cheap screws that were not tightened.
- How accurate was the sizing? Okay.
Have purchased much more expensive glasses in the past, Pepper's actually seemed better made and they look great. Highly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very well.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks and feels well made.
- How accurate was the sizing? Glasses fit perfectly.