I was afraid these readers would be bulky with the batteries and lights. I was happily pleased at how stylish they turned out to be. Thanks Overstock!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? N/A
I was very happy with my purchase of Pepper's Illuminated Restaurant Reading Glasses. I actually use them to read at night in bed after my husband wants lights out! I plan to take them on a cruise next month to read at night in bed. So far, they are very useful and easy to use. Thanks, Sharon
They really serve a purpose in restaurants that are dim and have small writing on the menu. They are definately a conversation piece!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not realize they were as 'high fashion' thought they were a little more plain
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is good
- How accurate was the sizing? O.com had the correct prescription
Bought these illuminated readers for my husband for Christmas and besides using them to see menus he uses them to see his computer keyboard and to read the fine print in the newspaper. His only complaint was he thought the light could be brighter but at least he does not have to ask the waitress for a flashlight to read a menu anymore. I appreciated the spare batteries that came with the glasses and the hard sided case so the lenses do not get scratched. These readers are a very novel gift for a middle aged guy who still claims he does not need bifocals.
The magnification was correct. They are comfortable. I just wish the lights were brighter. I know the name of the product says "Restaurant Reading Glasses," but I was hoping they would be brighter to be able to read in a darkened room. Also, the angle at which the lights are directed cannot be adjusted, which would be helpful as they weren't quite right for me. I could use them in a darkened room, but the lights are pretty dim. For the price, however, they were a good deal. Others that I found online and in the drug store, were up to $10 more.
Compared to Foster Grant glasses. I would only purchase the Foster Grants again. Glasses not bad but Foster Grants have them beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the sizing? good
My father-in-law is quite the handyman and seems to have 20 of everything! Since LED lights became so readily available & popular, it seems as though someone always gets him SOMETHING with some sort of light source, whatever type of tool, gadget, etc. it is. They are not by any means "old' but are both retired and we laugh at the number of reading glasses in the house in each room. And, as effective & blessed as they are at this age to not need prescription eyeglasses, they still need a light source when reading. It's sort of an inside joke that HE always gets something with a light, and she never does, so this seemed like the perfect combination for her. SHE LOVED THEM and is guarding them with her life! LOL She says they provide just enough light along with the magnification needed and has caught him "borrowing" them once or twice already, so now we know that he would enjoy a pair of these, too! But, it only seemed "fair" that she got the LED gift for Christmas this year from us and not him...HA! She was tickled by the fact that out of all the kids, we caved to HER getting something with the lighting and that she loves them so much! I would recommend these highly for one's own collecition, or as a gift to anyone...she's told everybody about how much she loves them and follows it up with "Why didn't I think of this?" LOL In addition, they are reasonably priced for quality readers and the only suggestion I have is that they not be advertised just as "restaurant reading glasses." They've been helpful for that, for sure, but for many other tasks, too. They were her "little something extra" gift and turned out to be her favorite!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Just as described
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
I purchased two pairs of these glasses, one for my husband and one pair for my brother for Christmas. My brother is over the moon with these specs, his actual words "These are incredible I can actually see to read through them, what a brilliant idea." He has paid a lot of money for prescription glasses - these are far better!!! My husband will be using his at work, he can hardly wait to go back after the holidays - I am sure people will be contacting you for some after we give such brilliant accounts on these. ++Need to get myself some - feeling left out LOL - but good idea for computer at night for me. Invest in these glasses they are brilliant.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as stated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
A friend who has been having real problems reading could not believe how much these glasses helped her. The optics are very good and the light is brilliant. These readers are amazing and have made a huge difference in the quality of her life.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
these lighted reading glasses are great the only thing they do cast a glow in a dark room but soft enough it does not disturb my partner i do like these
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? exact
They work fine for the occassional need but wearing them more than a minute or two they are extremely uncomfortable. I have several pairs of reading glasses and haven't had any that hurt my ears like these do.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Light works fine.
- How accurate was the sizing? Only 1 size.
I bought these because my husband is always wearing his reading glasses but also needs bright light to do projects. I end up holding a light for him so he can accomplish his goal. These are great! He has had a lot of fun with them just finding all the ways he can use them! He also gets a lot of joy out of teasing our dog with them by alternately flashing the lights! The lights are very small but very bright.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Solid black was solid black in color---large logo on arm piece
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems very sturdy
- How accurate was the sizing? Fit men