I was so excited when I ordered this coat - the blue and red plaid pictured looked like just the kind of bright coat that can get you through a dreary winter. What I received is a purple, brown and rust plaid coat. It is NOT what is pictured. Check the drop down box - the choices actually say "aubergine" = eggplant = purple. Overstock should re-do the photo to match the actual product. That said, the coat was very nice, but just wasn't what I was looking for. Also know that the collar looks larger in real life than what's shown in the photo. It spreads almost to the shoulders if you don't tie up the little buckle in the neck area (in size XS).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is completely inaccuate. Overstock should re-do the photo to match the acutal product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
I was very surprised with how different the color looks IRL from the picture. I'd read the other reviews about it being more muted and purpley but was surprised by how much so. I didn't like it at first, but after putting it on I like it. The material is a nice tweed-like material instead of a coarse wool. It's lined, but it's not a thick lining. I think it'll still stand up to Minnesota's frigid winters, though. The collar on it is really thick, which I appreciate it since it'll keep my neck warm! It's not lined so if you're sensitive to material you may want to wear a scarf with it. The sizing seemed correct. I usually wear a Medium in coats for layering and thick sweaters and this coat was no exception (though according to the Nicole Miller size chart I should've gotten a S). Fits great in the shoulders and the hips but is a little loose in the bust. Overall, I'm very pleased and would recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
I am loving my new coat. I've been wearing it for the past two weeks now. It is very warm and even does surprisingly well in the rain. My only qualm with this purchase was the sizing. I purchased a Large so that my hips (41" around) would fit comfortably. I used the sizing chart at http://www.nicolemiller.com/size_chart.htm to guess what would work best for me. Unfortunately, that makes the rest of the coat a bit big on me. Plus, I consider myself to have an average sized torso standing at 5'8" and was surprised to see the belt sit higher up toward my waist than what is pictured on the model. Overall, I'm very pleased with the look of this coat, but I will be tailoring it to better fit my shape.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Less vibrant than pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is superb.
- How accurate was the sizing? So-so
So basically I bought it because I bought purple boots. Bright purple boots that needed a vaguely matching coat. I was actually looking for a coat in a solid purple, but chanced upon this fantastic number! Its plaid design with the red and white make it looks so chic and great for something semi-formal. I love that it hits well below the waist and hip. And with that belt it looks so feminine and not too conservative all at the same time. You really can't go wrong with it. The shipping was prompt. The item was as pictured (except for the color- it's- as one other review states of another Nicole Miller coat- a muted version of what you see on the website). But the color actually pops because of the bright purple boots I have- maybe it's a good thing in the end :) But not for you if you like very bright colors. I do like bright colors, but equally love this jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the website is a much brighter version of the real thing- that's the only reason it gets 4 stars from me. I really thought it would be the bright purple I fell in love with.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This coat is thick, warm, and of fantastic quality. It IS 48% wool. The material is a little itchy around the collar because (naturally) there's no lining.. But I have a red scarf that I'll wear under it that'll take care of that.
- How accurate was the sizing? I actually read another review of the same coat in a different combination of colors that said it ran small. It does not run small. I am a size 8 to 10, and all my jackets and coats are a size Medium, and this one in medium fits perfectly, with a little room to spare for another layer of clothes if need be. !
I'm petite with a curvy frame. I realized that the jacket I ordered should have been a size Small other than a Medium. I read other customers reviews on this jacket, and they say the same thing. Also the color is nice, but it's not true what it looks like on the picture. More of a nice darker purple.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color wasn't the same. More of a darker purple but that was not my concern.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The material is tweed and the inside of the jacket was not thick enough for a cold winter
- How accurate was the sizing? Not accurate at all
I agree w/ other comments, the color is muted. I call it my "Get Smart" jacket. It is quite retro. I do not wear turtle necks but you are almost forced to if you do not want to suffer from the ithyness of the material on your neck and arms. I received many nice comments when I wore it. I love all of the pockets. I'd say it fits more of a junior size figure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is wayyyy off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The coat is trendy, but wear long sleeves. It will cause a rash.
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered an XS, it fit fine. Belt was way too long.
Recieved order before ship recieve date. Very nice the color is a match. The size fits perfect and not to mention very warm.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was right on target
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice warm and size fits right.
- How accurate was the sizing? very
Love this coat! It is everything O described! Only down fall was it needed extra 2~3 belt hole and shorten belt length about 2" as well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as described/good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the sizing? good
I have been looking for the perfect plaid coat for a while now, scouring Bluefly, Overstock and Pinterest etc. This is the PERFECT jacket. The color and design is quite unique. The pockets are a big large and interesting but they fit items well (gloves, cigarettes, etc.) without falling out. I love this jacket! Super stylish and comfortable. Great price as well. You cant go wrong with Nicole Miller!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly what I had imagined
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the quality, the wool is a bit scratchy, a nice chunky scarf helps
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered a small (at 5'7 and 135) it fits perfect. I like my coats snug.
I like this coat a lot, was really pleased the moment I put it on. The only thing that bother me is the size of the color, which is large. The width doesn't bother me so much as the height, because from the back it makes me look like I have no neck! Other than that little thing it's a great coat, warm and well made. (Not really snuggly, as the tweed is a little rough.) I like that I could wear it everywhere from the park to the symphony.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are more muted, which I actually prefer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The coat seems to be great quality. Very warm, more than I expected. Could easily get me through a georgia winter.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate