My first peacoat (that I love). I bought a Medium. I am normally a size 8 misses, 7 or 9 Juniors (36 bust line). I can wear sweaters underneath it comfortably, even with a nice scarf tucked in (a necessity because of the neckline). It arrived quickly and on a hanger. I wouldn't recommend it because I don't want everyone to have on "my coat" but I love it :)
This coat is beautiful and looks very expensive. The purple is deep and rich which I love. However I got a size medium and that was very roomy, I am 5' 6" and about 135 lbs so I was surprised. I had to return it for a size small. I think the sizes run a little big on this one but other than that it is a gorgeous coat. Well worth the money.
I picked up this cute coat because I liked the shape of it, and sure enough it gave me a nice curvy silhouette. I found it to be nicely fitted, not boxy like other reviewers. Of course, I waffled between a S and M, (I'm 5'7, 125 lbs, athletic build and small boobs). The S fit great everywhere, but a little tight across shoulders (a common issue for me). Surprisingly, the M was hardly different in the shoulders, but longer and looser everywhere else. I kept the S, figuring to wear lighter layers underneath. The hood is surprisingly well cut - looks good down or up. It seems well made and looks like quality.
I needed a peacoat that would keep me warm in the winter but also not be too heavy for when I'm running around town running errands. This coat is beautiful, classy, and very chic and it's not very heavy. The purple is deep, like eggplant. The back pleats form more of a curve around your butt and doesn't fan out which takes away from the structure, but the front part of the coat is so gorgeous, I don't care what's going on behind me! The sizing, however, is hard to tell. I am 5'7", 145, pear shape. I ordered Medium but it was too big, even when I tried it on over a running jacket. It looked like it hung off my shoulders and I had a lot of room in my waist area. I ordered a Small and tried it on but it was a little tighter in the shoulders (not what I was expecting) and the sleeves came up kind of far. The body of the coat was tapered closer to my body, even when I tried on a sweater under it (running jacket was too tight). I stuck with the Small. I gave it four stars since the sizing seems weird and the buttons will have to be sewn on tighter (hard to open and close) but overall a very lovely coat. Can't wait for winter now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Jewel tone, eggplant
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Acceptable quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Very hard to tell
Love, love, love this coat! It's a gorgeous color and the pleats in the back are too cute! I am very tall and slender. I first ordered a size small, but then ended up sending it back and reordering it in a medium. The small fit everywhere but the shoulders which is a common problem for my heigth. I am very happy with the medium. It fits great and I have enough room to wear a big sweater under it if I choose to. Overstock took the return with no problems. Very satisfied with overstock.com and even happier with my beautiful coat!
The purple is really dark but nice. It is cut well & is very flattering. I normally wear a small & am probably going to exchange for an xs as the arms & waist are pretty big, I am 5'2" though. It seems very well made and, after you find your correct size, it'll be a must have...
I ordered the purple and it is very dark, almost navy, which I am happy about. The material is very smooth and hopefully will not attract lint like my other wool pea coat does. This coat looks very nice on. It was not boxy on me as I am not as thin as the previous reviewers. I ordered the XS and I am 5'3 and 115 lbs. It is fitted on me and very slimming. The top is a little snug because I wear a 32D bra but if I have a heavy sweater on, I can leave the top button undone. I am very happy with this purchase.
I ordered this coat for my 12 year old daughter....she loves it! It is very well tailored. She loves the way it fits. It's not boxy, it fits her figure. I love the back of the coat and the attached hood. We bought a really cute scarf to go with this coat. My only concern is that it is so cute and comfortable, my daughter wants to wear it on days when coats are not needed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The gorgeous purple color was exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This is a very well made coat.
- How accurate was the sizing? This coat fits very well, true to size.
This coat looks adorable but its just not comfortable. The arms and shoulders are so tight that its difficult to move. My mom is very petite and normally a small is big on her and she is not able to wear a thick sweater under it because of the snugness. I love the way the coat looks I just wish the fit was a little better.
After reading the other reviews, I bought my daughter a size small. She is 5'8" and weighs 135 or so. she is tall and thin, while being in excellent shape (strong). She loves the coat, the color and style!! But, after wearing it to walk to some college classes she realizes that she couldn't lift her arm up enough to even make a phone call. The coat fits perfectly in all other areas. Also, once she arrived home for thanksgiving and could drive again, the arms ride up several inches to look way too short and is uncomfortable. Unfortunately Overstocks poor return policy does not allow her to exchange for another size now that she has worn it slightly. She is stuck with it. So the coat is wonderful looking, just for fashion, you can't really do anything in it comfortably.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? beautiful dark purple
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine quality
- How accurate was the sizing? too tight in the shoulders and arms
I absolutely LLLLOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE my coat. It's perfect. I have been looking for there felt coat for so long and I finally found it. Although it does not have any lining like my other coat, it is still thick enough to keep me warm in the winter. It's not a skimpy little coat. The wool is nice and thick. The coat gives a beautiful girly shape. It goes in at the waist and flares out a bit at the bottom. It's beautiful and warm. Perfect fit and great quality for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect fit
Love the detailing in the back. The pleats and the silver buttons really add a lot of detail. The buttons on the sleeve also add a nice finishing touch.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, it's a very nice purple.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? I wear a size 6 or maybe 8, but ordered a Large in this coat because Miss Sixty coats run very small. It fits perfect.
I loved the purle color of this coat. However, that was the only aspect I found to be positive. The style was a bit too busy for me with the many accect buttons, back belt, etc. I ordered the XS size after reading recommendations of other reviewers (I am a size 2 petite). The sleeve length and fit through the body in general was fine, but the coat was tight across the shoulders. I fear that the next size larger would have been too big. Unfortunately, I had to return the coat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the product seemed good.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing across shoulders was tight while other size aspects were fine. If I had ordered the next size up, I fear that the sleeve length and overall body fit would be too large.
I bought it for my teen's 17th birthday, and she LOVES it! She is a size 8-10 and a Medium was very form-fitting on her, but still gave her enough room to move around. She says she got so many compliments on the coat! Score 1 for the Moms because it is HARD to buy for a teenage girl! :)
This jacket is great - I love the pleating and the pockets are full enough to fit my whole hand in (very important). The color is rich and can be dressed up or down easily. The hood is large enough to fully cover my head, although a scarf will be necessary to keep warm. The pleating in the back is clean and creates a flattering silhouette. The buttons on the back sash are not cheap looking and adds a nice flare. Being from Michigan, I hate the frigid winter but I'm actually looking forward to being able to wear my new jacket once it starts to get cooler out.
Was absolutely the best purchase - was beautiful and thick - great quality I'm disappointed because I didn't order one for myself
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Was a little big I ordered a small for my daughter which is her normal size was perfect to wear a light sweater underneath
I love this coat. The weight is perfect, and I love the dark eggplant color. It would be nice if the hood was detachable but not a major problem
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs a size smaller
I was looking for a P-coat style jacket with a hood due to the rainy weather here in the Seattle area (I hate wearing hats), and this was the most stylish coat I could find for a reasonable price. Based on some of the other reviews, I ordered a size larger (medium) than what I usually wear (small), and it worked out well. I'm 5'6, of athletic build with broad shoulders, and it even fit me decently in the shoulders, which is unusual, especially for coats. The coat isn't as heavy as some wool coats I've had, but definitely is not a thin, cheap material either. I ordered the purple, and it was true to the picture, however I wouldn't call it an eggplant color as some of the other reviewers did, but it's dark enough to look professional. I wear it almost every day to work, and I've had no complaints. Overall a great coat and I would recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, the fabric was not too thin.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was slightly small. I usually wear a small in ladies' sizes, but a medium fit me.
This coat is beautiful. The purple color is a deep eggplant. The only problem, is that this brand's sizes run a little too small. I am 5'7", I have broad shoulders and wear a C cup bra. This coat was too tight in the shoulders--I couldn't comfortably cross my arms in it, and when it was buttoned I felt constricted in my posture and with breathing. It's unfortunate, but I'm hoping the XL size will allow a little more room. I'm willing to be patient with processing the return on this one because like I said above, this coat really is a beauty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? better than I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? not accurate at all.