This coat is amazing! Fabric The fabric is extremely good quality, and warm. The coat doesn't have a lot of layers, there is only a thin layer of lining inside, but it is still very warm due to the type of fabric that was used. It is fairly heavy as well (5.20 pounds in size small), which some reviewers on other websites didn't like, but I like heavy coats for cold winter days. Shape and design The shape is amazing. The skirted bottom looks much better on than in the image, especially if you cinch in the waist. I was worried, that it would look too girly, or childish, but it doesn't (I'm 27). It has a tiny bit of shoulder padding, and epaulettes, which some people complained about, they said their neck disappears when they wear it. But I really like this shoulder design, because I have a very small upper body, and it gives me a little more shape. (I'm 5 foot 6, and weigh 120 pounds.) I have a normal side neck. On images posted online, I liked the collar more where it was slightly opened. But on me I like it completely buttoned up as well, buttoning it really enhances the military feel. The coat looks great with riding boots as well, and I adore the military style of it. The buttons are made of plastic, but they look cute. Sizing As I mentioned, I'm 5.6, weigh 120 pounds, so I usually get sizes S and XS, or sizes 2 and 4. I read some reviews saying, that the sizing of these coats is actually juniors sizing, so they run a little small, so I got a size S. But I don't think they run small at all. I would be able to fit into a size XS comfortably. And in size S the shoulders and under arm area are actually a tiny bit wide. That's OK given the fact that I sometimes wear two layers of sweaters in the winter. But if you don't wear tons of layers under your coats, and want a more fitted shape, I suggest you chose a smaller size. Overall, great design, and very cheap for the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I got the raspberry one, and the name of the color speaks for itself. It is a pinkish burgundy. A little pinker than in the image. But pretty.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the fabric is great, it's a nice and warm wool winter coat. The buttons are made of plastic, but look nice.
- How accurate was the sizing? Somewhere between accurate and runs a teeny- tiny bit large.
please buy all.good quality plus quick shipping.same design i could not gift every body i bought 1.needed more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. best
- How accurate was the sizing? it was gift for someone she liked it very much.
Very happy with this purchase - I absolutely love this style, and except for slight variation in the colour, the coat is exactly what I expected. I got it just in time for the record-breaking nor'easter, and it has served me well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little brighter than pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - well-made and warm.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing.
This is a gorgeous coat. I bought it in black. I get sooo many compliments.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was right.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the sizing? quite accurate
This jacket is stellar and I have received many compliments on the color, style and cut! It is true to size, I am an xs and it still has a little room in the waist which is great for layering. The jacket is a bit on the heavy side, surprising for not being entirely wool, but not bulky. I like a heavier coat, as it is an indication of better material and construction. The color is a bit more vibrant in person than the photo, so if you are color-shy, this is not the jacket for you! On the flip side, this is a stand out from the typical colors of red or pink. I wear a lot of purple, so this is the perfect compliment color that keeps me from being mono-tone. The buttons are military style, but are a cheap plastic which will probably loose their shiny chrome coating rather quickly. That was a little dissappointing, so I may have them switched out to more quality buttons. They are a lot, so I will think about that a little more before going through the change. Over all, this is a great jacket that is different from current styles, but I have been looking for this specific style coat for a while. I am happy with my purchase!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was more vibrant in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good, but not as good as you would think from a Miss Sixty product.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
The fit is true to size, well-constructed, and ridiculously beautiful. The picture truly doesn't do it justice. Having said that, if you expect to receive it in a timely manner..do NOT order it from Overstock.com. This is the first time I've had to wait over a month to receive an item from any online vendor, and I didn't appreciate it in the least. Conversely, you're not in a hurry...then by all meas purchase it from this site.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well constructed. Althogh I'm top heavy and will have to reinforce the buttons, I'm pleased with Miss Sixtys product.
- How accurate was the sizing? It was spot on.
this coat looks so nice online but it doesn't look like that in person. the quality is nice and the sizing is almost accurate. i am a small and it fits but its just a little bit tight around the back across the shoulders. i think a medium would have been too big. the coat looks very expensive but it kind of looks like a costume. i thought this coat would be classy but its look is way over the top. its just too much. the flare is also more than was i thought it would be according to the pictures. the buttons are also too big and over the top. i am 5'5 and the coat is not flattering to my height. its way too long. i guess this can work on a very tall person but i still think it would look funny because the coat is just too much. im very disappointed because i thought this would be the perfect coat. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? almost accurate
I was wary of ordering a pricey wool coat online from a brand I'd never even tried on, through a website I'd never used before. Well, I'm all sorts of pleased right now. I got several emails updating me on the processing and shipping of my order. The coat arrived earlier than expected, and was neatly wrapped and securely boxed. But best of all, the coat was everything I hoped it might be. The details are beautiful, and the fit extremely flattering. I love how the bottom flares out, and the length (maybe 4" above my knees, and I'm 5'8") is great during cold winters. It also buttons all the way up, which I appreciate. Highly recommended!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good fabric, looks well made
- How accurate was the sizing? Ok. I thought the medium might be a tad on the big side, but went with that over a small. Turns out the medium fits perfectly.