I ordered this coat looking for about a knee length black overcoat that would be classy in casual or format settings. The coat is a delightful dark black, and the fabric is light enough that it doesn't weigh on your shoulders, but is very warm, so only buy if you want a coat that will keep you cozy. The coat ran just a little bit large in the chest (I ordered a 42, but knowing what I do now I'd probably like a 40) but this is by no means a dealbreaker, I'm not sending it back, so don't worry over it too much, just don't order larger than your measured size. The hem is nice and long (approximately knee length to mid calf depending on how tall you are) so if you're worried about the coat being too short, i.e. mid-thigh, don't. Unless you're VERY tell, or genuinely want a coat that's at your ankles or so, I'd advise you to go with the regular length. This was better than I was expecting, and I would definitely advise this coat to someone looking to get a black trenchcoat, it can create either a Bohemian look or a classy gangster look alternately. It doesn't seem to attract lint, hair and other gunk quite as easily as most woolen black fabric, which is definitely a plus for me! Still, bear in mind black does make tagalongs more conspicuous, so I'd advise carrying a little lint roller in your pocket just in case. All in all, weighing in at ***, good quality and construction, classy appearance, warmth of fabric, and almost perfect sizing, a steal of a deal for someone looking for a black trench.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The coat is a nice dark black color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The coat is light fabric, but very warm. It does not attract gunk easily.
- How accurate was the sizing? Ran slightly large in the chest.
My order arrived and I was instantly pleased. I've worn it everywhere the weather was cold, and it withstands rain (and snow) beautifully. Compliments rained in for this coat as well. If it has any drawback at all, it's that it's very warm. You'll be tempted to wear it in cool weather, it's that stunning. Don't, unless you want the inside of your coat wetter than the weather outside! All in all a perfect purchase at the perfect price. I am immensely satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was superb in stitching, materials, and appearance.
- How accurate was the sizing? My sizing ran true to size.
I am so happy I purchased this Mantoni Men's Black Wool and Cashmere Overcoat! It is the best high quality fabric blend, top workmanship and EXACTLY what I have been searching for, for years! This AUTHENTIC "Gangster" look coat; was a real "steal"; for the LOW price, I paid! Perpetual Success to Overstock.com. Thanks A Million! Add Love
Great classic fit. We ordered his usual suit size and it fits over his suit perfectly. The only thing we aren't ecstatic over is that it buttons lower at the top and so he needs to use a scarf to be really warm on single digit days. It is a warm coat and he has loved it .
Great coat for the price. He hasn't worn it around campus in fierce winter weather yet, so not sure yet whether it's the warmest coat he has ever owned, but he's very happy with how it fits and looks. Also too new to know how well it holds up.
Coat is low quality with no texture and no cashmire. I'll keep it for banging around in but not good enough for business or dress up. Worth less than I paid but will keepit because it's not woth the effort to send back. Might be my last Overstock purchase k
Otay, I love the coat and it fits like a glove...but the coat AND the suit I bought with it weighed in at 9 lbs total...so while I look good (***, I look GREAT) I fear freezing my buttocks off. That said, the suit is made of a light fabric and the overcoat is fairly substantial. My old overcoat weighs in by itself in the ten pound range (I'm a big guy) Not cold enough yet in Boston to test how this coat will stand up to a real New England winter (but it looks like we're going to have a 'real winter' this year...probably with snow by Thanksgiving, ***, it snowed yesterday (no accumulation)) Probably worried about nothing but if I freeze I'll amend this review to reflect that outcome (with full reporting...If I freeze and it's twenty below then I deserve it, it's not that variety of outerwear. It's intended to look sharp while keeping the chill off while you walk to your car, not go hiking in the Appalachians.
The product that I purchased came in record time, it fit perfectly and the quality was amazing. As a result of their great customer service and accurate delivery, I have made purchase after purchase and I am extremely satisfied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality product, a 10 in my book, with ten being the highest.
- How accurate was the sizing? Great fit!
After being sick for most of 2012 and not working, I wanted to show my appreciation to my husband for being there for me and our boys during my illness. I was blessed with a nice monetary gift which afforded me the opportunity to express my thanks to him by purchasing a gift that he wanted for Christmas. When he saw the box under the Christmas tree and realized it was for him, he wondered what it could be. After opening it up on Christmas morning and seeing the expression on his face....well let's just say, the tears spoke volume. He was overwhelmed. I am glad that I was able to purchase the coat he always wanted. Thanks to overstock.com Sabrina M.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was exactly what I wanted (black)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 100 percent Italian wool
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect fit
This is a gorgeous overcoat for a man of six feet or over especially. It looks incredibly expensive and is well tailored. The fabric is what you would expect or better. My husband is very happy with it and so am I.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality, well cut.
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on.
Was surprised that this coat was actually a perfect fit when I tried it over my suit. Very expensive look and feel to it. Would recommmend going to a store first and trying on a similar coat before ordering one to be precise on the size. Coat is cut very well and fits great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? GREAT, LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE IT WAS PICTURED
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. HEAVY ENOUGH TO WEAR OVER A SUIT, BUT NOT TOO BULKY
- How accurate was the sizing? THE SIZE IS PERFECT FOR FITTING OVER MY SUITS
My husband loves this overcoat. He says it's warm and comfortable. He highly recommends it. I bought the same size as his suit size. It fits properly. It's meant to be warn over a suit jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly as stated.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is accurate, it's meant to be worn over a suit.
This looks and feels like a high-end coat. I'm very pleased with the purchase. The only drawback was the shipping, which took 11 days. I guess that's where you compromise for the low cost of the product. I highly recommend this coat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matched very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent qualituy
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect sizing
I forced my hubby to purchase this coat so he could start getting his grown man on. I wanted to rip the coat off of him because he looked so good in it. Great purchase!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? This was the actual color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was accurate