You absolutely can't beat the look of the jacket for the price. The cut is very flattering and it looks more expensive than it is. The only critiques I would give is that the material is synthetic not wool, which I knew before I ordered it, but it's just a little but thicker than felt (however, I suspect it will be a lot easier to brush the pet hair off of than my wool jacket which is a constant chore). It is not as warm as wool so don't expect it to be more than a Fall jacket, not a winter coat, but the weight is just fine for here in Los Angeles. The other thing is that, as another reviewer pointed out, the fit is quite snug. I wear a size 6/7 in clothes, I have a 34A/B chest, I usually wear a medium and the medium fits but I couldn't wear a thick sweater underneath without looking like the Michelin man, but it does fit over regular clothes and looks very flattering and smart on. If you plan to wear sweaters or layers underneath your jacket you may want to order a size bigger than your typical size. I will keep it in Medium because I think the fit is so flattering being a little snug and expect to just use it as a light to moderate weight jacket (and anticipate finding a winter jacket for very cold weather). I am extremely happy with this purchase, it looks simultaneously sophisticated and rock n' roll.
I ordered this coat on the 21st of November and recieved it on the 23rd. It's very cute and comfortable not to mention warm and stylish. The colar is pretty high though, and sort makes my neck look short. I'm 5ft 4in,175lbs, 36D and I bought a large and it's still spacious enough for sweaters.
So as I'm writing this I'm waiting for a size medium to get back into stock so I can order it! Beware-- overstock.com does not allow you to exchange sizes-- you have to return an item, wait for a refund and place a completely new order for the correct size. Which sucks. After reading reviews that said to order a size up from your regular size, I ordered a Large. It arrived on time and I was totally impressed with the quality- it has a good mid-weight to it, nicely lined, soft wool-like fabric, not at all stiff, really nicely put together. Def something I could wear all winter in nyc with a sweater underneath (I'm not a fan of big bulky coats). Unfortunately for me the Large was just too big- I tried it on with a hoodie underneath and it still swallowed me in the chest and hips. I'm not looking for a snug fit, just a correct fit. So in my experience, this coat runs true to size! I suggest if you're unsure of size, ORDER BOTH, and try them on side by side! You'll avoid my current hassle of returning and re-ordering.
I am super pleased with this Jacket. It is very adorable on and the high collar is not obnoxious when folded down, and provides great protection when up. I live in Colorado though, and I can tell that this Coat will not keep me comfortable outdoors on really cold days. It is doing great so far though and we are almost into December. There is one con to the craftsmanship though; the buttons. One fell off the first day I wore it. The others were loosely sewed on as well with some weak thread, so when I put the fallen one back on I went ahead and reinforced all of them so I wouldn't have to worry about them. Still, for the look and price, totally worth it! Also, I wear a size 2-4 and got the medium size. It works very well for wearing work blazers or sweaters under and still looks fit and flattering.
I was a little skeptical when I read all the reviews singing the praises of this coat. You never really know who is writing them…but I have to say, the coat was exactly as they had said. It fits like a dream, the quality is outstanding and it looks and feels like it is worth so much more than I paid for it. I like the high collar because I am always cold. A scarf fits really nicely between the collar and your neck. You will not be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactaly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was better than I expected
- How accurate was the sizing? it is a taylored coat and fits snugly, if you like more room in you coats you may want to go up a size
The coat was nice, and looked like it was supposed to. The fit??? Very different story. This coat is not a typical Women's Medium. It runs very very small. I have never been a Large in any coat....I have Calvin Klein, Jones, Columbia, Marmot etc...all Mediums. I am about a size 6 or 8 in a blouse and definitely a medium in sweaters and sometimes even a small. Please be cautious and order the next size up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is ok. Rather light coat. Not meant for colder weather (under 32 degrees).
- How accurate was the sizing? Very poor. Runs very small.
I am 5'4; 48inch shoulders (wrapped around); 42inch bust, (36 DD/DDD) 36inch waist, and 50 inch hips... The XL fits great... actually quite loose...not form fitting at alll for me. There is definitely enough room to layer sweaters under the coat and room for comfort.. The length from the top shoulder of the jacket to under the "armpit" of it is too long for me... but even when I was a size medium I had the same problem with coats of this sort of style so I'm assuming it's my height.... It feels super soft and is warm. I hope it is a heavy enough coat for NY winters.
The jacket actually exceeded my expectations, which were pretty high to begin with. I've had my eye on this jacket for awhile, then received a promo for a percentage off on coats! An already decent price further reduced? How could you resist? It's a nicely tailored-style jacket that looks trendy but could also be dressed up. It is a medium weight. If you want to wear bulky sweaters, though, I'd size up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The item is exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Having sewn both home dec and clothing items nearly all of my life gives me somewhat of a discerning eye; the lines of the jacket are nice, seams are straight and buttons are secure!
- How accurate was the sizing? Slightly snug fit, but that is because it was meant to be tailored
This jacket was cut very narrow in the shoulders and cut wider in the bustline, which made for limited arm movement. It was very strange. I was disappointed because it was well made and I really liked the style of the coat. It has a nice flare at the bottom and the button design is cute. If you are not broad shouldered, it should work okay for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Really beautiful coat
- How accurate was the sizing? Probably accurate, but hard to tell from the cut.
The coat is really nice, don't get me wrong, but the cut is a junior cut. I work in retail, and I saw the label was Grane (which is a junior brand) but I thought maybe this was a new, missy line. Nope, it is a junior. Fits great in the shoulders but the chest is cut too narrow. I am a 38C/size 12 and it was way too tight, and I got an extra large.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? not at all accurate
I cannot tell you how pleasanlty surprised I was when I received this item! It exceeded my expectations, because the price was so good, I just thought it couldn't possibly be that good of a product, i thought well I may be able to wear it for at least 1 or maybe 2 seasons, but I'll be wearing this jacket for many seasons to come! And it is a timeless piece! Love, Love, Love it! In case you were unable to determine if I'm pleased with this product (LOL!) well wonder no more, I truly love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Well, the color is black, therefore, the on site color compared really good with actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was pleasantly surprised with the really good quality of this product, because the price is so great!
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing perfect!
I was quite concerned with sizing of this coat due to what others were saying and also because I have a larger bust which makes it difficult for sizing. I did order a medium and am happy with it. Its nice not to feel "smashed" into a button-up coat! I probably could have gotten away with a small but the medium will allow for layering underneath for winter. As others have said, the material is very nice but not meant to be worn alone for winter days. I really love the tailoring of it! It is very flattering and the collar can be worn very nicely up or folded down. I was apprehensive at first about buying this coat because of sizing and thickness of material. I will say now you will regret it if you don't buy this coat!!! So happy I went for it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
Ok LOVE this coat!!! So cute millions of complaiments daily, the only issue is the buttons fall off ALOT!!!! So when my mom comes over to watch my son I make sure she brings her sewing kit! If mom isnt available and I am in a rush I have a Dry Cleaner very close to my home and she will sew them back on in 10 mins or less for $1.50!!!!. So with the coat being so awesome and inexpensive!!!! Buttons???? I can deal with that.
I was skeptical about buying a coat online as I couldn't try it on. It fit just like the reviews said in that it narrows. I have wider shoulders so it's a little snug but not uncomfortable. I also have a bigger bust (D) and it fit well over it. I got an XL and it was perfect! The coat itself is very flattering. I'm also hot natured so this coat is perfect for me in that I can wear layers underneath and be good to go during the winter weather. It's lined on the inside and the outer is a very soft wool/cotton blend I think. If you're looking for a heavy wool coat this is not it. It's become my favorite coat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same Black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great!
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
I just received my coat and it came very fast! I found the coat to be of heavier/warmer material than I expected, but I was actually glad about that. I ordered a L and thought it fit pretty true to size but if you want to wear big sweaters and such underneath then I would probably order a size up. As far as the syle goes, it does come off very military style - but I guess that's the point right?
The coat is beautiful, however it is a bit light weight and runs a bit small. I am 5'5" and weight 125lbs. and had to return a medium because it was a bit tight around the shoulders. There would be no way I could wear a thick sweater under it. I'm reordering in larger size.
Remember this is a Jr. size coat. So buy a size larger. If you want to wear a sweater under it, maybe two sizes larger. This is really pretty and the fit is nice. The only thing I don't love is the neck is pretty high so it bothers me a bit. It's great when it's cold because it covers your neck but rubs a bit. I got the red and it's super pretty.
I WAS WORRIED BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, BUT IT LOOKS AND FEELS MORE EXPENSIVE. PERFECT DETAILS. THIS KIND OF MILITARY JACKET IS USED IN EUROPE, AND AS USUAL TOOK ABOUT TWO YEARS TO GET HERE. I KEPT LOOKING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS. I HAVE THREE! ONE FOR MY DAUGHTER AND 2 FOR MYSELF.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? PERFECT
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I WAS WORRIED BECAUSE OF THE PRICE, BUT IT LOOKS AND FEELS MORE EXPENSIVE. PERFECT DETAILS.
- How accurate was the sizing? CORRECT
I was nervous about the red color, but it was identical to the image. My only complaint is that it's a bit lightweight. I was expecting a heavier coat. With a scarf and sweater underneath, it will be suffice for chilly weather, but I doubt it will keep me warm in a freezing NY winter! I'm 5'2", 34 bust, 27 waist.. I would've liked it a bit more fitted, so I think extra small would've been better for me. But the small size fits perfectly to leave enough room to wear a thick sweater underneath. If you don't want to use the military look, you can easily fold down the neck into a notched collar, peacoat style - looks great either way!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? identical
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well stitched, but not as heavy as it looks
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I ordered the Medium for my sister as a Christmas present. I assumed a medium should fit a size 7/8 but absolutely not, the medium is only for someome who is no loager than a size 6 max. I assume the large only fits an 8/10 . FYI
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the sizing? inaccurate