I am thrilled with this purchase. I ordered the dress in a size 10 and it fits beautifully, exactly as seen on O.co. I am an athletic and curvy at 44, 5'8" and 155 lbs. This dress is appropriate for my age, very feminine yet has a fit that screams "I am woman" - as another review comments on the silhouette, it is striking - Very excited about wearing this dress to the several occasions I have scheduled in the near future. I highly recommend this dress to all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is true to the picture on O.co
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is not FULLY line, it is only lined in the bust. The material is good enough that it does not alter the quality of the dress, which is excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing is true to size and material is a little stretchy so you have a little wiggle room.
I am 5'8" and 138 pounds. It is hard to find a flattering dress but this was amazing on me. The cut was very 1950's bombshell and I felt very confident in this dress. The hem was long enough for a tall woman but would still flatter a smaller frame. The pleating around the waist fell beautifully and hid all imperfections. This dress is a steal at the price and worth the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. There was a slight separation of the seam at the hem of the dress after quite a bit of walking. But the cut of the dress restricts the stride causing the problem, not the workmanship.
- How accurate was the sizing? Spot on.
Gorgeous dress. Very feminine and it feels so soft and elegant. The draping on it is flattering and the dress looks classic and timeless. It's definitely up for a special occasion. I'm 47 and it is age appropriate--Though would be at any adult female age.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are a little more subtle than the picture, but beautiful.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality, seem like it should have been twice the money I paid for it.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I bought this dress for a dressy dinner dance . It could pass for much more expensive. It is sexy ..but age appropriate classy. I love the silky texture . I will wear it to a wedding later this summer .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very comparable
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Surprisingly well made with nice silky texture
- How accurate was the sizing? I often wear a size 6 , but went with a size 8.. Which was the right decision, as I did not want it snug
I wore this to my baby brothers wedding at a resort in California. I got so many compliments on this dress. As I was touching up my hair and make-up in the ladies room an older lady complimented me on this dress telling me she had been a dress designer many years ago and this dress was beautiful, very classic yet modern. I am not a girly-girl and am usually a fashion failure but this dress was a hit, everybody couldn't believe I looked like a girl for once. I usually wear a size 4 but was only able to get this in a 6. I had a problem with the cap sleeves slipping down and the dress sliding up, I think if I got the size 4 it would have fit perfect. I love this dress and I am now looking for other reasons to wear it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the sizing? Pretty Accurate
Bought this for my step-daughter's outdoor wedding. Absolutely lovely colors, luxurious fabric, a great look for my hourglass figure. Loved it! Needed to have it hemmed a bit-I'm 5'4"- but it's a wonderful dress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Lovely fabric and workmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
This dress is absolutely stunning! It gives a beautiful silhouette & I can't wait to wear it to my sister's wedding. The sizing was accurate and the color on the site is spot on with the dress. One thing though - the description of the dress said that it is "fully lined", which turned out to be untrue. This dress was only lined in the bust. Other than that, definitely a sound purchase from Overstock.
This was first time I ordered a dress online so I was so worried that if would not look like pic and it would not fit. Boy!!! I was wrong the dress looks amazing and it fit like glove and I am so so happy about my order.... I have received so many great compliment too:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Everything was the same as pic.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this dress was great. the fabric is so petty...
- How accurate was the sizing? It was the accurate size.
I received this dress last week and have worn it twice already - and compliments from male and female - so it's a winner. The fabric is stretchy satin, has gathering across the stomach which makes is extremely flattering. The colouring is excellent for wearing spring/summer and even warm autumn days. It's not lined - but it doesn't matter - lining would probably make it not fit as well. The neckline is really lovely - quite retro 50/60s style. I have a full figure size 12 and it just sits so well and it's slimming. This dress is a winner for a wedding or even dinner out. Best purchase in a long time for me...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great stretch satin - very flattering and comforatable
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
beautiful dress, fits my curves like a glove , the zipper is cheap and of course I am going to take this out a sew a better one in. other than that I LOOOOOVE it:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good dress cheap zipper
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
As a brunette, I tend to think of these colors as more suited to a blond or redhead, but this dress looks absolutely stunning on me, very curve enhancing, slimming, and stylish. The ruching is subtle and acts almost like a shaping garment but is very comfortable. I got many compliments when I wore it out dancing with friends, but I think this dress can also be worn year-round to a variety of events where you want to look elegant and chic.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect