I lost 80 lbs and realized I had no coat to wear outside for anything colder than 40 degrees. I love this coat because it's long and will cover my legs in the very cold weather. Black always works for me with my "go to" coat. The attached (or can be removed) hood works wonders to not mess up my hair, but keeps the cold wind & snow off. I didn't notice in the description but was please to find it had a zip out liner that extends the usefulness of this classic trench. The liner is a simple black plaid. The matching black buttons make it feel dressier. I live in Colorado and this will be my winter coat except for playing in the snow days. Delivery was quick too!
I wore this coat out in the SoCal rain storm on 12-22-10, the strom that caused so much havoc. I was kept completely dry from my head to my legs (I kept the back vent buttoned). The rain just rolled off me. The fabric is the familiar London Fog rain coat fabric that I like. The coat runs true to size. I'm 5'7", size 37" bust and there was room for me to wear a sweater. The style is nice as the belt accentuates my waist. I am very happy with the purchase of my long rain coat as it looks stylish and protects my legs from getting wet.
London Fog is always a winner. This coat is to replace my 15 + year old London Fog trench coat. My only objection is that it did not come in petite size. I am 5'1" . This coat comes almost to my ankles. I will have to have it shortened. I am very pleased with the purchase. As always, overstock cannot be beat for all over service, quality and price.
Very nice raincoat. I wanted it long just as it is. The only thing is the belt loops. London Fog! What were you thinking? On a raincoat to put braided thread as belt loops, I now how to sew so it is no problem. I just need something that will kind of match and can make my own belt loops. If you are unhappy with the belt loops as I am and can't do it yourself, take it to a tailor. They can take care of it.
This would have been a great coat if it had been true to size, had to send it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the sizing? No
This coat is perfect! I have worn it with and without the zip-in liner. It transitions nicely between the seasons. It looks great on and I have received numerous compliments when wearing it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I have owned a London Fog coat before previously and as usual, the quality is excellent!
- How accurate was the sizing? I usually take a 10 but ordered a 12. I prefer a coat to be roomier if I decide to wear a bulky sweater.
This is a fine example of what London Fog is famous for. This coat, with a removable lining and hood, would be triple in a retail store. I've worn London Fogs for years and this is by far the best. I ordered two sizes to check the fit and my regular 8 coat was a perfect fit, although it was a tad long (I'm 5/5"), but I hemmed it myself and it worked out great. Overstock was wonderful about the return of the second coat and I could not have asked for a more pleasant transaction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
Very pleased with the raincoat, was just what I was looking for. Had search several places, and the prices were way too high, this was perfect coat and great price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Okay, runs just a fraction small
Lovely! Bought one for my mom and then another for myself. It's still winter, so I haven't worn it yet, but I did scope it out. This coat is good for all weather except for winter, really - rainy, windy, cool, even a bit warm (remove the lining). The single row of buttons (as opposed to double-breasted) makes the body appear slimmer to me, and the belt gives a waist. I like the added hood that many stylish coats seem to lack. all in all, pretty snazzy. Can't wait to shed the winter coat!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact - black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems pretty swell.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
Beautiful, Sturdy and looks Amazing! Total protection from the elements. I do suggest ordering a size smaller than normal ;)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Sturdy
- How accurate was the sizing? Slightly Larger than I Expected