I looked at over a half-dozen coats from Overstock before deciding on this one. It was largely a matter of styling and what looks good on my particular figure, but the overriding factor was the fabric. This lambswool/camelhair blend is absolutely gorgeous--soft but sturdy. I feel as though I filled an important gap in my wardrobe with a timeless item that will hold up very well over time.
This coat is perfect length for both skirt and pants. It is a nice soft material, however I see how it may not hold the test of time (why I gave it 4 stars). Delivery was fast and price was right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color matches with picture. More on the yellow than white side
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is as expected
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate for size 8
The luxurious looking coat has soft fabric, is a beautiful color, and its lining keeps me warm. I love the funnel neck collar and found that I could also turn the collar down to create a new look. The coat is tailored, which makes it look very expensive, and I even saw an anchor woman on a major network wearing the identical coat! I am a petite person, and had to hem the sleeves a couple of inches but overall the coat is the quality I expected and I am proud to wear it.
I think this coat was one of the very very few branded coats available in 100% natural materials (wool & camel hair) at the price overstock sold it for. I took my chance and I'm glad I did. I live in NYC and this coat is an everyday need for me. I alternate it with a marc new york down feather coat during rough weather. The only thing is that I feel the need for a small hood in the coat but I carry my wool cap to substitute that. I have always felt that down feather coats look a little less dressy to work and after work but they are more warm and I was right with this wool coat too. The wool coat isnt as warm as down coats are, but its totally chic and dressy and the color (camel color) goes with almost everything. Also, the lighter color doesn't get that messy as I had thought it might get. All in all, I'm happy with my purchase, and I'm hoping to see it last long!
shipping cost-excellent; I just loved my coat on arrival, it came sooner than expected. The only thing that I am unhappy about is the material used on the outside...lamb 75% camel/25% blend, it itches. I find this a total discomfort...it itches more than usual...maybe a 50% lamb/50% camel would be better...I also feel that by wearing the coat that the outer material will not wear well over time...it is already starting to have a wear and tear appearance...the material starts to ball up under the arms. For the price I guess this is acceptable...if I had paid more...say $175 or something in that range then it would bring down the rating...to very poor quality for the price. I'm very happy with Overstock.com and will tell all my friends...any items that I may need in the future I will check with overstock before I check else where. Thank you so much.
I was looking for a classic coat that wouldn't go out of style in a few months. The fabric is very soft and and very cozy (it has a feel similar to flannel). It has a great color and looks awesome with dark jeans.I am 5'4" and about 120lbs - I ordered a size 4 and can comfortably fit a sweater underneath this coat with room to spare - it is not form fitting. Based on my fitting, the coat fits true to size (with a little extra wiggle room) If you are between sizes and are looking for a form fit I would recommend ordering a smaller size.Additional info: I am very pleased with Overstock.com. I placed this order on Sun 2/8 and received it on Tue 2/10. You can't beat that kind of turnaround!
This is a nice uniquely styled coat. The collar can be worn up or folded down, which is nice. The fabric is a little light weight, so isn't overly warm. Though the camel hair is soft, it's still a little itchy on my neck, but wearing a scarf helps with that. I'm 5'8" and it comes to around my knees.
This is a beautiful coat at a great price. I ordered one size down but should have gone two. The size 6 is still big even when I wear blazers or suits underneath.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs very large
I just received this coat. It fits well and has a nice design. The wool is fairly thin as far as wool coats go and I found the wool to be rather itchy in comparison to some of my other wool coats (both expected for this price point). The sleeves are also a little shorter than desirable, so if you're tall, this probably wouldn't be the coat for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is true black as advertised.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wool is light weight and not meant for really cold weather.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is fine, however the sleeves are slightly shorter than desirable.
I love this coat! It arrived within a week of ordering. I searched Sydney for one and couldn't find anything like this for anywhere near the price and quality. It's soft and warm and beautifully made. It's also fully lined. Can't wait to buy another!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colour was very close to the colour pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The coat is beautifully finished with detailed stitching and lovely buttons. The material is very soft and warm.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect sizing
The coat is soft and the coat is beautiful, I love it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is outstanding.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect sizing.
I bought this for a trip to Paris - wanted something classic and versitile (Jeans or Dressy) this was a perfect fit. Warm and cozy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
I intended to exchange this coat because it was too big, and was treated with a courteous professional manner by the Overstocks staff, but the item did not come in smaller size than 4 and when I considered the quality of the material and manufacturing, I decided the style could accomodate a bit looser fit, particularly in the winter, so decided to keep it. I love the optional coverage at the collar.