I was very pleased when I opened the nicely packed product. The thickness and weight of the leather is perfect for the length of the jacket. I love wearing it an love the complements I get when I do!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black - soft and supple!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great product for the price! The lining is smooth and the jacket is easy to slide on and off. I've gotten lots of complements when wearing it.
- How accurate was the sizing? The coat does run a smidgen on the small side as sized.
Ive been looking for a long leather jacket for some time but haven't been able to find one that fit my taste in style. Saw this jacket that had the look I was looking for The only down side was that the medium was slightly big...I would prefer a small but that size is not available. I will keep the medium because it's a lovely jacket for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is fair for the price
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
The biggest help I can be to you is to tell you that this jacket does not have a zipper anywhere on it as described. It has buttons down the front that are covered with a leather panel so you can not see them. The buttons stop at mid thigh level so the coat will open a bit as you move around. I will probably try to add two buttons on the bottom so it stays shut all the time. But most people don't care about that. Also, the labels all say that it is made with Italian leather, not New Zealand leather as described. This is not a bad thing. By the way it also says made in China (with the Italian leather), and the brand is from London. The leather is quite nice. I believe it is lambskin as it is very soft and on the thinner side. Being thin does not detract from the beauty or quality feel, and will mold to my body even faster so I am a happy camper. If you are a leather snob then you should probably not be looking at a jacket in this price range. I feel it is an excellent jacket, especially for the low price (MSRP tag says $XXX.XX. Other reviews mentioned it running small so I ordered a size up, but I think I could have been OK with my true size. I am very tempted to order my true size to see if it fits better, as I think it might and then it would look even hotter. The cut on the jacket is nice, gives a nice shape. I like the dark purple satin-y lining on the inside, very special. I especially love the neck and collar on the jacket. Very happy just wish it really did have a zipper as it is much harder to find and I was excited about that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate, there is some streaking but you can see that if you zoom in on the photo so you know what you are in for.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
A fine long, perfectly thin leather coat with buttons. I am 5'4," around 112 pounds, and I got a MEDIUM because of other reviews of this brand always saying to order a size or two up. As far as sleekness, I'm sure the designer would want me to wear a small to show it off, but honestly, even as an A-cup, a small would've been too tight for movement around the shoulders and ribcage. As I mentioned in the other section, the color of the leather looked like it had very subtle and unintentional vertical, straight black streaks - maybe this was a part of the processing, and will go away in time. The jacket, size MEDIUM, for someone of my small size, fits fine, but does not look well-fitted and formed at this size. The look reminds me a little of a long rain coat instead of leather, but it is great light leather, smells and feels like leather, and I look forward to rocking it in formal wear or casual wear. It is a decent coat, O has such a great price on it, and I needed a replacement for my previous wool formal black coat, as it has gone missing.. I'm almost considering getting this jacket in a small as well, for when I don't have a sweater underneath, to just wear it in a more fitted form. The medium has plenty of waist room. The lining is dark purple, which is great. Oh, and this one, like so many these days, was MADE IN CHINA, but with Italian leather (I guess). FYI, retail on the tag is 599.00, so, again, a good deal here, and a useful Fall/early Winter cover-up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same, but streaky - straight, vertical, very subtle streaks of color variation on the color (black)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nothing too beautiful, nothing horrible - looks kind-of like a rain coat, but it's leather - could be used for more formal situations in the cold too, if not for the very subtle streaky color
- How accurate was the sizing? runs half-size small.. so if you want it well fitted, and aren't planning on wearing more than a spring top underneath.. and you don't want to be able to move your arms forward and back - order in your size. Otherwise ORDER A SIZE UP for normal comfort
I don't know what was shipped to the other person who reviewed this jacket, but I received a great jacket! The leather is not thick,but with a jacket of this length I wouldn't want it to be, it'd be too much. The leather smelled like just that; leather, and it was smooth and of great quality. The only problem I had was it was a little tight, but not enough to make me want to return it. I'm very happy with this jacket!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Need to order size up
I really wanted to like this jacket since I had just ordered two of the *** and *** Bolero leather jackets which I was highly impressed with. The are both soft leather, nice quality and nicely lined. I couldn't say that about this coat, the leather smelled awful, it was paper thin. So thin that I question whether or not it is actually leather. This one will be sent back. The style and concept is cute but the quality is a thumbs down. First time I have ever been unimpressed with an Overstock product in the 7 years I have been buying from them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was fine... but everything else was awful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this is a subpar leather garment
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing is off... will need order up several sizes