I LOVE this dress! Only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is, it fit a bit differently than I'm used to in this size. It seemed a bit broader through the chest than other clothes of the same size, and I don't usually have fitting issues in this area, lol. I bought it for a special occasion, but I can see myself wearing it for many occasions and events. It goes with about anything! It's SUPER comfortable, and simply elegant, I love it! I might have to order it in black too, then I'd be set for any occasion!
I didn't buy this dress from Overstock and instead purchased it directly from Kiyonna. For months and months I had seen this dress offered and I was simply in love with the style and design. So, I purchased it in hopes of wearing it to an upcoming class reunion. I was disappointed when it arrived. I agree with a previous reviewer that the dress is much too roomy up top. This dress is not meant for women who have a smaller chest size. I tried it on and from the chest up it looked like I was wearing a car cover. Not every plus-sized girl has an ample chest size. I wish this dress was designed more to reflect that.
I am very happy to have ordered this dress, it was for a wedding and let me tell you I recieved soooo many compliments. It fit great in all the right places I am a size 18 woman and had no problems at all with the fit. I would recommend this dress to anyone who is looking for something classy and elegant and be ready to recieve compliments I ordered the brown and cream EXQUISITE!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the dress was as I expected it to great! Very well made no imperfections that I could see.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was on the money.
I said I would recommend but it was too much money for the dress I liked it and it is pretty but not worth the amount I spend a lot on clothing when it's worth it!!! but the dress smelled so I had to get it dry cleaned and it was big in the bust area enough to have my 11 & 12 yr olds notice it's a catch 20/20 Hope this helps
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was good
- How accurate was the sizing? way too big in bust area
The only thing that prevents me from giving it 5 stars is cleavage...its roomy up top but its not their fault I'm not as busty as they'd like me to be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Its a rich and vibrant brown with a silver or / light pewter accent.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. In my opinion its good quality. Has a bit of weight to it. Definitely heavier than the "sophia lace" dress.
- How accurate was the sizing? Its true to the waist measurement.
Just not the dress for my body shape. This is clingier than it appears and you definitely need a "waist" to wear this. I'm a bit of an apple shape with a very large bust. Plenty of room up-top, which was nice for a change, but was definitely not flattering below the bust. Perhaps would have been better if made in a stiffer fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Not quite as high quality as I had hoped
- How accurate was the sizing? Fairly accurate
When I saw this dress I needed to have it! Everyone commented on my dress as it wasn't the 'norm' black cocktail dress but gorgeous. Postage was very fast. Can't fault the product at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the sizing? The size was a too big and I needed it taken in but I will know for future reference.
Love the dress, it's gorgeous. Overstock was speedy in shipping it.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? It's nicer, hard to see in asmall picture
- How is the quality of the product? awesome
- Did the product fit true to size? too big,but I ordered it that way so I could get it fitted
This dress is just like the picture, gorgeous, comfortable. I also ordered it in black with nude lining and it is just as beautiful. Although I ordered the same size, the black fit better than the beige. I'm going to wear this to my sons outside wedding and I know it will look great and I will be comfortable.
This is a beautiful lace dress. I was surprised at how light weight the lining fabric was though. And this is not a dress to be worn wtihout spanx! It hugs the body very closely due to the knit fabric, so if you don't want to show every lump and bump probably order up a size. But beautiful silouette, gorgeous look, just have to wear under garments!
I ordered this dresss in a XL and had to return it for a 2XL it runs a bit small and I wear a 44DD so I need more room on top. Besides that it is beautiful and comfortable. I wore it to a wedding and had many compliaments. Felt very pretty iin it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the sizing? It ran small
The dress is very flattering both in fit and color. Price point could be better for Overstock. It was higher than I wanted to pay and I am not sure with the lace how it will wear. Overall, I am pleased with the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to the photograph. Richer color in person.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good but there was a loose thread that could be pulled through.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
This dress is not "forgiving" at all. If you have an apple shape this dress will highlight it in a way you don't want it highlighted. The length is great. I did not find an issue with the neckline that others have complained about.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color did not look like the site picture. It was much more "tan-champagne" than brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs small
I purchased this dress for my sister's wedding. I am 5'2" tall, wear a 12-14 depending on designer, and am a 36G. I ordered the 1X and it was perfect in the top...which NEVER happens. It was a little big in the hips and longer than I'd like but otherwise very happy with the purchase. I'm told that in spite of the scalloped hem, it is still possible to alter, which I plan to do for future wearings.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The dress is actually reads a nice light caramel color in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very impressed with the quality and thrilled to find it was made in the USA!
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs fuller in the top
The dress is lovely. For a full figure,its' underlayer is a clinging sheath and I would have been uncomfortable. The right undergarmet would smooth the imperfect curves but that would be 3 layers. It was beautiful, just not for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was true!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. too clingy
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate