This dress is comfortable, flattering, and looks classy as well as subtly sexy. I have already worn it twice, once to a Mother's Day brunch and once to a formal wedding, and received numerous compliments. I think it would flatter nearly any plus-size figure, but FYI - I'm a 4X, curvy and somewhat bottom-heavy, with a large tummy. I did wear a "shapewear" firming slip underneath (which is much more comfy than an actual girdle), so that helped minimize my stomach, but even without the slip, it is fairly flattering. The cut of the dress calls attention to the bust and decolletage area, without being too revealing, and does not cling, but rather falls gently, skimming the curves, so it is really just one of the most comfortable and gorgeous dresses I have worn in a long time. I am thinking about getting one in another color as well!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More of a true royal purple than it appeared on my computer, but every computer screen is a bit difference when it comes to color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent!
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
When I tried the dress on for the first time, my husband was speechless. It's THAT good. The fabric drapes beautifully, and it's not clingy in a way that shows every lump. I had a perfect hourglass without any shape wear underneath. I found it to be true to size. Can't wait to wear this dress again!
I got this dress in the blue and it's a really nice blueberry color. The neckline isn't so low that you have to pin it or wear a cami, but for work I did decide to pin it. The best part of the ruffle is that it makes pinning a lot easier than with a normal surplice neckline. I think it runs pretty true to size. Though on my 5'5" self, it's about 1 - 1 1/2" too long. Nothing a little hemming can't fix, though. The cut is flattering to a curvy figure, but one still should plan on wearing some sort of foundation garment underneath, same as with any matte jersey garment.
I ordered this dress for an evening wedding. The material drapes nicely and not flimsy at all. I plan on wearing an undergarment shaper so it looks smoother on my body. Overall I'm very pleased.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The burgandy is prettier than pictured.
- How is the quality of the product? Great quality. This is not a flimsy knit.
- Did the product fit true to size? True to size. Use the measurement guide.
This dress looks and fits well. I think it is a bit overpriced for the material and overall construction. The ruffles are less rather than more in the notable factor. And it would have been better if it were lined in the back as well the front. I will have to wear a slip with it. Shipping was super fast and appreciated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good match on the red. It is RED.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good.
- How accurate was the sizing? The 1X was equivalent to a 14/16.
This is a great dress, instead of a LBD, you can have one in a deep purple. At first I wasn't sure about the ruffle down the side, but it is soft, and there is slight ruching as you wear it, so it works. I love that this will travel well, and can be dressed up with blingy jewelry or can be worn with tights and boots for a more casual look. I have lots of summer dresses, but not too many that work in winter. This fits the bill. Even though it is a jersey fabric it has a nice weight to it, not too thin.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? ran true to size
The dress is beautiful and has a flattering fit. I ordered the 0x as I normally order a size 14 but I've found in previous Kiyonna dresses that one size smaller looks the best on my figure (hourglass) as my waist is closer to a size 12 and there's enough give in the dress to fit the rest of me closer to the way the models look in the dress. The 1x tends to be a little large in the waist. The color is more electric blue in person than in the photos, possibly due to the dark background.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The blue was a little different than in the pictures
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, wears well.
- How accurate was the sizing? True to
This is a very nice dress with a drape that helps to hide flaws. I am only 5'4", so the dress I ordered seemed a bit long on me. The length looked fine, but the place it cinched seemed too long in the torso. I basted a little on the inside of the cinch to hold that part together so it would gather under my bust a bit better. I felt good about the dress and the purchase although I didn't get the feeling it was a miraculous solution to hiding my body's flaws.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice material
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on
Much too clingy and the material was a little heavy,
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Much too clingy showed every roll.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine.
Bought for a wedding and Christmas party. It was pretty but very snug. I usually wear a 16 or Xl but ordered a plus for comfortable fit. It was a bit tighter than I preferred but looked ok. Wore a spanx but still more form fitting than desired. Just not perfect....and for the $ paid, wanted perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Purple matched.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? A bit snug.
I am not a plus size, in fact I wear about a 10 or 12, so I purchased the size zero blue dress becuase I loved the style, and it did not disappoint! Very figure flattering and versatile, I have worn this dress to the office and on dates...a perfect addition to your wardrobe if you like to take your outfits from day to evening.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect
- How accurate was the sizing? Good
This dress is 100% worth the money. The purple is so pretty. You definitely need a to wear body shaper underneath to smooth out the lines. Ladies you will absolutely see pant lines or the waste band from your pantyhose in this. It is not a tight fit but the way the fabric contour to your body. It hides the belly nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is stunning in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing is exact.
I'm thrilled I purchased this dress. True-to-size (based on the sizing chart), this dress gives me such a flattering figure. I'm going dancing in a week and this is going to be my go-to dress. Sexy without giving it all away, flattering in all the right spots, hugs my curves without making me look like a stuffed sausage, oh yes, this is as great dress!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red is a little brighter, but still really lovely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality - Kiyonna makes great clothing
- How accurate was the sizing? I found the dress to be true-to-size based on the sizing recommendations
My husband loved the dress - size good - I would buy more of this brand
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality - has darts in back of dress
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
Love this dress. arrived on hanger, in well fitting box. Very good fit for full figure.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more of burgandy
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very well made
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect