This is a great, light jacket for the spring. It's not waterproof, though. But it's exactly what I wanted for a spring jacket. I'm happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
My trench was delivered quick and I tried it and was disappointed. Color "cypress" is gorgeous but fitting is not. I am wearing small to medium and this Size Medium was too tight. Ordered Large, Medium returned at my expense. Will see...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very inaccurate.
Ordered for an autumn rip to the UK which I didn't get to go on, but kept the jacket as it is very flattering, a little more "trendy" than I usually wear, (partially due to the asymettric zip closure) and comfortable. Warm enough for a medium autumn day, or damp day, but wouldn't do for a day below the mid 40's. The "cypress" color is a nice army/olive green and the zipper color matches, so it doesn't have the contrast of the light-colored version. I would expect it to be water-resistant and not waterproof, though I've never worn it in heavy rain. The only poor fitting part is the VERY long self belt , where the tightest belt loop hole was still way too big (my waist is maybe about 26") so I have to wear it tied.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good--I got the "cypress", was told it was army-ish green, and it is
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good--not quite like the London Fog that I also purchased, but also not as much $
- How accurate was the sizing? Fine--I got a small and I'm 5'3.5" and weigh about 120lbs. Can wear a sweater underneath. Belt is a bit long (see below)
After reading the reviews, I thought I would get a really great quality jacket but was disappointed when I received it. The material feels flimsy and not sure it is water repellant but it doesn't feel as if it is. I had no time to return this because it arrived right before my trip. I had received the same jacket in black and that one felt and looked much better but was too big so I returned it and ordered it in beige. The lining is a bright blue and didn't seem to be the same quality as the black one. It seems like they ran out of lining and just used the bright blue because there was nothing else. I will have to rethink ordering a jacket on line again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched the site picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was not great.
- How accurate was the sizing? The Jacket runs large.
Like another reviewer has said there is just to much fabric in the design of this coat. It gives it a very unflattering cut. Also, I noticed that some of the stitching did not match up on the cuff. Unfortunately, I am returning this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
I was so excited to get this jacket. I had tried on the jacket in XS at a nearby store - loved it! - but ultimately decided I would look online for a different color in my size. Enter Overstock. Great experience with the company itself/shipping updates/etc. Unfortunately, the jacket was LITERALLY a huge disappointment! The jacket I had tried on in the store was a bit baggy in some places, like the arms, but it wasn't a deal-breaker. I tried on my XS black trench from Overstock and I felt like I was putting on a garbage bag and/or potato sack. I was afraid to look in the mirror at this point... To my dismay, the coat did not fit. AT ALL. The fabric and everything is great, it is constructed beautifully, but the way it fit was totally nonnegotiable. Too much fabric in the chest, arms, the whole thing. I debated whether or not to attempt to shrink this jacket or just return it. I have decided to return it since I don't want to take the chance of ruining it. I'm so sad that the XS doesn't fit like an XS. I think it would be a great buy for the taller/larger gals. For me (5'2, 105 lbs) not much. I did order it based on the sizing in the store so maybe the jacket I received is labeled incorrectly as XS? I don't know :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black (color is accurate)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality (that wasn't an issue!)
- How accurate was the sizing? Inaccurate
It's an amazing trench. In rain and snow it keeps me dry but won't make me sweat. It's very light, yet it's protective against winds. Overall, I feel pleasantly comfortable in my new trench!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is a match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect fit