I was looking everywhere for a basic, light-colored cotton suit that fit reasonably well and didn't feel too heavy or cheap, and eventually settled on this one. I paid twice what I did here at a prominent department store, so I'm really glad I happened to find it on Overstock before I took the tags off! Anyway, it's a fairly lightweight suit that doesn't feel cheap or flimsy (it's not KCNY, not Reaction, which means better quality). The fit is not too slim in the body - I had to take in a lot from the sides (I ordered a 40L and have a ~33" stomach), but that's a cheap fix. The shoulders, arms, etc. fall very well, and a subtly low button stance and narrower lapels give it a slightly stylish/modern look without looking trendy. The pants are similar; slim enough to fit well, but not so much that they'll be out of style in 2 years. The waist runs maybe 1/2" big. The two minor quirks that were present in both sets of this suit I originally bought: 1) the pants appeared to be from a different dye batch than the jacket. It's not noticeable unless you compare them under the right light, and it's subtle enough that people would never notice it while you're wearing it, but it might bother you if you're particularly OCD. 2) The top button was sewn about 1/4" too low, which caused the lapels to flare out a little. I originally thought that meant it was too small, but it was another cheap/quick fix. All in all, a great option for that "staple" light tan cotton suit that can be surprisingly hard to find. Good fit and style that is modern without being trendy, and terrific value.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate, I think. I'd tried it on in person at a department store already.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. What you want out of a cotton suit.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate, although the jacket and sleeves run a little short. I'm often a 40R, but went with 40L. It's also ever-so-slightly on the small side; if you're in between sizes, I'd size up.
Product was delivered promptly and as advertised. This was a good buying experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quite good
- How accurate was the sizing? quite good
Everything about this suit is very nice. I've received compliments while and after wearing this suit. The only tailoring I needed was to have the arms on the jacket taken in. Since this was a suit separate, the pants were perfect.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
I definitely would order again. Everything went according to plan.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Needed pants to match jacket. Color matches exactly.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
My husband and I purchased this for our wedding ceremony and reception, and it fits him like a glove. He has broad shoulders and long arms for his height, large stomach, and muscular legs. 44 L jacket, 38x32 pants Finer fit and style than the slim OR regular fit, twice as expensive suits from Men's Wearhouse, that we put on layaway. No alterations! So we saved even more money than just the Overstock discount. He is so sharp and handsome in it, i can't wait to show him off :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I can't see the bright hues in the picture, at least in indoor light, outdoor might be different. Matches the wedding dress, regardless.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality for the price. Even unpressed it was sharp out of the box. Nice to the eye an finger. Very pleasantly surprised
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size. Totally accurate.