I have been thinking about buying a tux for some time. I don't need one that often, but paying the rental cost is just something I am hesitant to do. After some research I settled on this tux. It arrived a week ago, I haven't warn it yet but will do so twice in the next month. The quality seems very nice, I have a very nice wool suit of similar fabric weight and it feel very similar. The jacket being a 40R fits exactly like my suit which is a 40R. The slacks as others have mentioned seem a little small in the waist. I wear a 33 waist and the slacks with this tux are a 34. However they are smaller. They fit me on the snug side. I was concerned that the waist would be too large and would need to have it altered. It fits fine. If you need the true size waist, you may with to contact Overstock.com and see if something can be worked out. I had some questions that I couldn't find the answers to prior to ordering. I finally decided to give it a try and for me everything is working out fine. These are the things I was trying to determine. I thought I would list them in case it helped anyone else. 1. There are no belt loops on the slacks. There are buttons for suspenders if you are so inclined. 2. The waist is not adjustable (as many tuxes are - especially rentals) 3. There is about an extra inch of fabric in the waist / seat area to allow some adjustment. All in all I am very happy with the purchase. It looks sell made, the fabric is very nice. The coat size seems spot on, The slacks are at least one full size smaller in the waist. If I actually wore a 34 waist, I think it wouldn't fit me. The one reason I took one star off the rating. Had the waist been accurate, it would be a five star rating for sure.
We know there will be several times in the next few years my husband will need to rent a tuxedo, so we just bought one. It looks so good, we may dress up and go out just so he can wear it again! The quality seemed the same as the other rental tuxedos in the room the evening he wore it. We purchased a shirt/cummerbund and bow tie and spent only a few dollars more than a rental would have been.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the black was black!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seemed fine - certainly as good as a rental!
- How accurate was the sizing? tried one on at store the week before, so went with that size and it worked!
This is a great alternative to renting a tux or spending two or three times as much on a better quality suit that you might rarely wear. It is well made for the price and unless you are being scrutinized by some serious fashionistas, no one will look at you with raised eyebrows when you show up in it. The tux jacket has a relaxed fit; the shoulders are a bit large for the size and there is some extra fabric in the back, but it would probably fit a huskier man well. The wool fabric is nice compared to another one we tried that was polyester (the Caravelli); that one we originally ordered in Long, and it was way too long.
I was overall very pleased with this purchase. If you have need for an evening suit you would be hard pressed to match this product for size, comfort, fit, and quality at a much higher price. Do have some nice braces available. The buttons for them are already properly in place with no belt loops on the trousers. I received many compliments on my appearance at a recent evening event, and could not be happier.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Above average, especially considering the price. Jacket did need some sleeve alteration to shorten for proper french cuff shirt exoposure,
- How accurate was the sizing? First received wrong size jacket but quickly corrected by Overstock just in time.
The tux is very nice quality for the price. It is a lighter weight wool which will be good for any season. The jacket was a bit too long in comparison to the size suits I usually buy 40L. Pants were right on. I will reorder it in a different size 40R.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price
- How accurate was the sizing? off from suits size usually buy
When you're ordering a tux, let's face it, you know it is for a special occasion. In my case, my daughter's wedding. So I was a bit concerned about quality and sizing, but both concerns were for naught. I ended up with a very good tux for LESS than I'd have paid locally to rent one of questionable quality, and I would have had much less choice in styling. (I matched the styling of this particular tux to photos my daughter sent of the groom's tux---VERY, VERY close!) If I never wear this tux again, I did better than break even (even including the $10 I paid a local seamstress to hem the pants). But, I like it so much, I may look for more opportunities to wear it. You can change up the look pretty cheaply by buying different color vest/tie/hanky sets for different occasions. Unless you are an effete snob, or measure your manhood by the labels on your clothes, you won't go wrong buying this tux. GREAT VALUE!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black is black is black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very good, lighter weight wool material appropriate for southern climes and summer months.
- How accurate was the sizing? This was my biggest concern before ordering, but I'd give sizing accuracy a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
My husband loves the suit and it fits him perfectly. The price and quality is great. Thank you very much!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is matching
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. More than I've expected
- How accurate was the sizing? We just fixed the length of pants
The jacket fit perfectly but the pants were much too small in the waist. My husband normally wears a size 46 waist and there was no way he could close these pants. There was a 2 " gap between the 2 pieces of fabric even though they were labeled 46.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was impeccable.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing of the pants was off.
The tux is a great deal. Like many others I was reluctant to purchase a tuxedo online, but I am pleasantly surprised by the quality. My one complaint is the sizing is a bit off. I wear a suit everyday and I ordered my regular sizing. (Note: I wear the same size across different brands) The pants are very snug and the jacket is a tad loose in the belly and in the arms. Another reviewer mentioned that his son was wearing them on the "tighter" option. My pants do not seem to have an option for tighter or looser (at least that I can find upon initial examination). I am going to take the pants to a tailor tomorrow and we'll see if I can make adjustments. If I am not able to make adjustments, I will probably return the suit and not exchange it. The quality is good, but the sizing is not right and a larger size would be a much larger jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Execellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Biggest problem
We ordered this tux for my husband in 46S and it came in in 46L. I contacted the Customer service and they were very nice, apologised and issued a return authorisation number for us to return for free and for a full refund. I will ship it out tomorrow. While the package was open, we took a look at the quality of the wool and it is very average, not to say low. The pants look very baggy and the jacket way too big, anyway. If it were the right size, we would have probably kept it and altered the pants some.
The pants were less than the 38" as specified and the 44" coat was slightly larger then a normal 44" coat. I had tried on both sizes in a couple of department stores with a couple of different brands and all fit well. This purchase had the above issues. The workmanship was good and it is a value unless you have a lot of tailoring to do.