The suit arrived today - BEAUTIFUL quality, much nicer than I had anticipated. I am confused though by previous reviews. My son is a size 8. I ordered a 10 based on recommendations, and last minute also added an 8 to the cart because I needed to be sure I had a suit that fit for first communion. I was expecting the 8 to be too small based on other reviewers stating that the suit runs a full size too small. The 8 jacket fits perfectly and he SWIMS in the size 10. The 10 pants are huge - at least 4 inches too big on waste. Others stated how the hem in the length couldn't be let out. The pants on the suits I received are NOT hemmed. My son is 51" tall and I have about 7 inches of length to work with. Truly a beautiful suit. I only gave 4 stars because it appears that there is some discrepancy in the sizing. Be careful - if you aren't sure what size - order 2 suits and plan to return one - I'll be sending the 10 back.
Initial suit was two sizes too small. Bought next two sizes and size 16 fit an ave. 12 yr old. When I returned other suits I only got partial refund on one of them - unsure why. Otherwise, this suit is lightweight and beautifully detailed.
I bought this suit for my 9 year old son and it's top quality! This brand runs 1 whole size smaller wich I already knew. My son wears a size 10 and bought a size 12. I had bought this brand before and the size 10 didn't close at the waist and the pants were short. Had I made alterations he would still have only used it for about 3 months tops because there's no chance to lower the hem in the pants. Beautiful material, looks like a little man. Highly recommend!
Dear moms out there, I have purchased 3 of these ferrecci suits in different styles. The sleeves are short for the size. 2 inches shorter than other brands. I have the size 14 in front of me. 20.5 inch sleeve length. FYI shoulders are a correct 14 inches. The size 16 has a 21 inch sleeve. and shoulders 15 inches across. I hope that this makes it easier for the rest of the moms to order. It really is a fine suit. My son gets a lot of comments when he wears them. Sadly, they wont fit for long!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The fabrics are nice and accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? bad sizing.
I bought 2 different suits from 2 different sites. This one is a much nicer quality....fabric and stitching My 12 year old son who lives in basketball shorts and t-shirts said this is very comfortable and is not fighting me about having to wear it. The only downside is that I have to order the next size up because of the jacket. My son is about 5'3"/5'4" and lean (~100 lbs) so I ordered a size 16. The pants fit perfectly but the jacket sleeves were too short. Just ordered the size 18 to see how that one works out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality looks good
- How accurate was the sizing? jacket is slightly off
My son wears between a size 14 & 16. We had some time constraints, so I ordered both to be sure we'd have a suit in time. However, even the 16 was too small. I would definitely order a size or two bigger than what you normally wear. We ended up ordering another suit (different brand) from somewhere else in a size 16, and that was too big, so I know that this brand (Ferrecci) runs smaller than normal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The suit is nicely lined. The fabric is a bit thin, but I expect that in a kid's suit
- How accurate was the sizing? Too small
Thank you for the great customer service I recieved when I ordered this. When the suit arrived, it was too small, but customer service was very helpful in reordering.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good workmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? It ran a little bit small, so I reordered a larger size
Overstock has been wonderful to work with! We had a shipping issue with one of the suits (received the wrong one) but they handled it quickly and went the extra mile to ensure we had the suit we needed in time. Definitely recommend overstock for both the quality of their products, great prices and customer service.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Close enough.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was amazed at the quality of the suit. I would have paid a lot more elsewhere! So I bought two more :D
- How accurate was the sizing? Good fit. My son is tall and slender, but not overly skinny, so it was a great fit. Good thing the pants weren't hemmed because was able to adjust length appropriately. Also allows for some growing room.
good quality great price grandson is 12 years old and loves the suit especially the vest.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ver=y ckose match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Grandson is between 12 and 14 (size) we bought size 14 and it fit nicely
I ordered a size 6 for my 5 year old because they had a 4 and a 6 available and all the posts indicated the suit was very small. This suit is not small...my son is swimming in it and I can't believe it is even made for a 6 year old. Looks like it is more for an 8 or 10 year old. Suit is beautiful, but it won't be worn anytime soon (and I needed it this weekend!)