This suit looked so great coming out of the box. We were so excited! It is very, very light weight which is great for us because we live in sizzling Arizona. And now for the rest of the story....The suit coat is horrendously built. It is extremely boxy and the bottom hem of the coat is way too long to be normal. The worst part about this coat is that the arms are extremely short. My son is 5'6' and weighs 120 pounds. He is very lean and muscular. I ordered him the 20. The pants are pretty loose but good because he is growing. The coat is ridiculous. It would be one thing if the coat was just all-over too big but it isn't. The coat is all-over too big until you get to the arms.....then it is way too small. I was in a bind for this suit so I took it to the tailor and had it tailored in as much as possible but it is still so boxy. He hates it. He is swimming in it but the arms were so ridiculously too short that I had to unpick the lining and the arm and sew a strip of fabric to the absolute edge of the suit material so I could lengthen out the sleeve as much as humanly possible myself. I had already paid to have the boxiness reduced and it would have cost more to have the sleeves lengthened so I just did it myself. Having done this, the buttons were now in the wrong place so I had to re-do those. What a pain! Meanwhile, the sleeves are still not long enough and my son does not have strangely long arms. The pants are pleated, just FYI, which I didn't want. I desperately wish I had sent it back before I made all of these adjustments. We basically hate the suit and we are stuck with it....and the extra we have now sunk into it. Yuck. Pass on this unless you son is chubby and has short arms.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I bought the navy blue and it was a wonderful color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This suit is so oddly proportioned that despite the fact that it looks great on the hanger, it is a terrible product.
- How accurate was the sizing? Odd proportions ruin the sizing
We couldn't believe the quality of this suit! The hand stitching in the lining and inside sleeves, and perfect shape and size, the feel of the material were all worthy of a suit costing two or three times this much. I just bought three adult suits, and mine weren't as well-made, though they cost 6 times as much!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. hand-stitched sleeves and lining!
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
I ignored the reviews of others and purchased this item for my son for Easter. However, the sizing was grossly inaccurate. He will have to wait at least one year to wear it and maybe two years. The manufacturer definitely needs to rework the sizing information so that it's more accurate. Other than that the suit is high quality and will be great once it fits.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site appeared to be accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product was very good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was NOT accurate.
Ordered two of these for my 13 year old as he is on the short side and wasn't sure how these fit. He is about 90 pounds and 58 in. tall. The size 12 fit him great. There was a slight spot on the jacket but only saw it under a bright light. Also, the front top pocket needed a few stitches to tack it in place but other than that, the quality was great. Much better than the inferior suits for more money at **** and **** Thank you Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Amazing.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate sizing.
Love this suit on my little boy. Very happy with quality of fabrics used and craftsmanship in construction.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding craftsmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? quite
My Grandson has another Ferrecci suit from this site that fits him perfectly, but this tan one runs small. He loves it, so I'll exchange for a bigger size. The material is very nice and great for spring and summer events. Order this one a size larger!!!
When I got thissuit for my 10 year old son I was amazed at the quality of the fabric then low and behold I saw that the original price was $300 and made in Italy! It's a gorgeous suit and I can't wait for him to wear it!! WHAT A DEAL!!!!!!!