I ordered a 1x. However the 1x jacket has too much room in the chest area. I have a 39" chest, D-cup, and I am 5'4. Don't know how much I weigh, but in blouses, I can wear xl, and some 1x's in womens. Size 16medium, and 16womens, in jeans, an trousers. The jacket has wide ribbing @ the bottom; which I don't really care for, because it never seems to be snugg enough; but I can have that changed at the tailor's. The overall style, is quite fabulous, and interestingly unique. The quality of the jacket is really nice as well. I am a stickler for good quality clothing; because if it is, the item will fit good, in all the right places. Unfortunatelly I had to order the xl, but I wont send the 1x back until I receive the xl, because if the xl is too tight; I won't have either. I love the style, and I would hate to not have the jacket at all. If the situation turns out to be the latter, I guess I'll be wearing a big jacket. Some people do!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? BLACK AS DESCRIBED
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. TERRIFIC QUALITY
- How accurate was the sizing? LARGER THAN EXPECTED
- Would you recommend this to a friend? Yes
This jacket fits extremely awkwardly. The torso is very very short and barley reached the top of my jeans, but then the arms were extremely long. The jacket is very unflattering and doesn't taper in the right places so it makes you look extremely large and round. Rather than tapering in a little at the waist for a slimming effect it hugs at the hips, but not at the right place in the hips because the torso is too short. I do not recommend as a plus size jacket. Smaller women might get away with the fit as a bomber type jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is excellent - not faded at all. A good deep black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The wool section of the peacoat seems very nice, but the sweater aspect underneath is very light and too stretchy - seems poor.
- How accurate was the sizing? The jacket is too awkward to determine the size - different sections of the jacket fit differently.
- Would you recommend this to a friend? No