Shipped very quickly, great material, lined, heavy weight. The dress would definately stand up to packing, etc.... My husband and kids said "Wow". Only downsize, is size. I am actually sending it back and ordering the regular sizing XL. I am 5'3 & 195. I thought it might be tight so went with the 1X but the material is stretchy and I'll be more comfortable in the XL. Great for us bustier girls and the roughing will look great on the tummy. I'm giving it a 4 rather than a 5 due to length. For my height, it was about 5" too long. Would be great if it was offered in petite. For the price though, I'll take it in and get hemmed. I got the blue which is a beautiful deep color, so I would say that the colors shown are a good representation of actual dress.
I BOUGHT THIS DRESS FOR MY DAUGHTERS WEDDING. MY DAUGHTER AND I HAD BEEN ALL OVER TOWN TO MANY AREA DEPARTMENT STORES INCLUDING BRIDAL STORES AND WAS GETTING VERY FRUSTRATED BECAUSE I WAS NOT ABLE TO FIND ANYTHING THAT I WAS HAPPY WITH. I DECIDED TO GO TO OVERSTOCK AND LOOK UP PLUS SIZE FORMAL DRESSES. READING THE REVIEWS WAS VERY HELPFUL. WHEN I RECEIVED THE DRESS I TRIED IT ON AND IT FELT WONDERFUL. IT MADE ME FEEL INCREDIBLE. WHEN I SHOWED IT TO MY DAUGHTER SHE GOT VERY EMOTIONAL AND SAID " MOM YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL". YOU CAN NOT ASK FOR ANY MORE THAN THAT FROM A DRESS. VERY VERY HAPPY.
I wish I had read all of the other reveiws before I bought it. The woman who says it isn't for large breasted women was right. The empire waist ends up being unflattering when it cuts off halfway down your chest. That is my only big complaint -but if I am ordering a 2X, I probably have big boobs. The straps don't really hide a plus size bra either. I like the fabric and the style and loved the wine color. The shipping was incredibly fast.
If you have breasts that are D+ there is a chance this won't work for you. There is a seem under the bust that will only go partially over your breasts if you have large ones. This dress is beautiful and mostly flattering and made out of a silky heavy material, but can make hour glass shaped women look larger than they are due to flaring out at the waist. If you have Ds or DDs cup sizes, you can try it, but anything over that probably won't be able to fit within the breast seam. I loved it but have to return it because of this.
I overall liked the dress, but was very disappointed when the bust size was too small for me. I'm a DD, so I really not sure what size the bust needs to be, but being a Plus Size Girl, I would of thought that area would of been better then what it was. I have to wear this for a a wedding & I'm not trying to show a bunch of clevlage. So, in the end I returned the dress & found something I now love even more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was great.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I liked the fabric, it was very static like though.
- How accurate was the sizing? The size fit, but the Bust Area is for someone who is small. & Being a Plus Size Girl, I'm also bigger chested as well.
Ok, here goes.. this dress in form fitting made of a heavy fabric.. it forms to the body, the weight of fabric is heavy enough that for me it smoothed out ALL my lumps and bumps.. I love it.. might not 'ever' get to wear the dress, but Iit is a keeper even though it will not be worn at the current special occasion.. my granddaughter who's wedding I am attending actually requested that I wear a burgandy dress, which I have since acquired.. this will hang in my closest for a future occasion. it is Beautiful on ME, I can't wait to wear this dress .. it makes me look like a beautiful star.. :D
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I bought the blue and the color is just like the pictures on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Oh my, the quality is wonderful!
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing might be a little deceiving .. I usually felel that I wear an 18 but due to other reviews I acquired the 16 and it fits my body.
Basically, I read the other reviews and thought I'd take a chance...turned out that chance was not a good one. For being a 4X, I expected it to fit my body nicely but the bust was TOO SMALL. My top didn't even fit properly in the dress and there would've be A WHOLE LOTTA cleavage if I had fit. Now, my taller friend with smaller boobs and a smaller size than me fit the dress nicely but sadly did not have the money to buy it for me so I had to return the dress. I was sad the dress didn't fit right because it was a nice dress and would've worked great in my friend's wedding...oh well. I had to go buy another dress from a different store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was accurate to the color on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. material was good
- How accurate was the sizing? VERY VERY VERY BAD
Full disclosure, I returned this dress right after trying it on. The dress is pretty heavy, which is sort of to be expected since it is full length. The body fabric is thick polyester and the sleeves are thin polyester. It looks good on, I see how it slims the midsection nicely, but I thought the fabric and construction felt really cheap. Like thrift store cheap. It's like a Monet, it looks good from far away, but you get close and it's a little iffy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Ivory was as expected, though the fabric on the sleeves is much thinner than the rest.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair
- How accurate was the sizing? pretty standard
This dress is comfortable, flattering, and gorgeous on. I'm a 5'4", pear-shaped woman with a relatively long (32") inseam, short torso, and D-cup chest, and I feel beautiful in this dress. I am going to have to wear heels with it; I think my heels are 2 3/4", and the dress just grazes the floor with them on. However, based on the stretchy fabric and cut of the dress, I think many shapes could successfully pull it off. The sweetheart neckline is flattering to large and small chests alike, and although I have no personal experience dressing a more ruler-shaped figure, I imagine the subtle ruching would help that type as well. I bought a Spanx-like bodysuit to wear underneath for a little more smoothing, but I'm not sure it's going to be needed. Can't wait for my night out tomorrow!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Identical (I got the red one)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appeared to be very good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
I was a little crestfallen when UPS handed me a wadded up,vacuum-packed bundle. However, the dress came out of that awful packaging job without a wrinkle on it! It fit in all the right places and hid the not so right ones. I'm tall (5'10" barefoot) and the length was perfect. I am already thinking about ordering the black and the navy to keep as a staple in my wardrobe. EVERY WOMAN SHOULD OWN THIS DRESS!!!!!!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I ordered the wine (there are no reviews on that color) and it is beautiful! It is vibrant and rich, and true to color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This dress is designed and cut extremely well; I found no problems with the fabric or stitching.
- How accurate was the sizing? Fits, Flatters, Fabulous!
I'I never would have thought to look on overstock.com for a dress for my son's wedding but this dress was perfect. I saw it in a major department store for 3 times the price. Very happy with this purchase. Thank you overstock.com!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality - fully lined
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing was perfect
I actually went on line at the last minute to find a "back-up" dress for an event. I had ordered a gown from another company in which the dress was being made to order in China, and I was afraid it would not arrive in time. I am hard to fit and have arms that I am not proud of, so I needed something with sleeves that was still very glamorous. This dress proved to be perfect for the event. I have another event coming up for which I was going to wear the gown I originally ordered from China, which has since arrived and does not fit me at all; therefore, I am going to wear this dress again for the other event. It works very well and looks great one me. I am very pleased.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I got black, so color was not an issue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Nice lining and nice line.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was a tad big, but did not swallow me. Length was a little long, but I am very short, so not really an issue.
I got the dress quickly, it fit perfect I didn't have to hem it I just wore a 3 inch heel. I ordered the next size up which was suggested in other reviews if you have a large bust. The dress has a detail that if you pull it down under your boobs you have quite the clevage! If you get a large enough size it can be kinda in the middle of your boobs and still look nice with less clevage depending on how you feel and where your going ;o)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect can't really go wrong with black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality nice feel to the fabric
- How accurate was the sizing? The reviews are what gave me the clue to the sizing! I order one size larger and it was fine
I needed a comfortable black gown that I can dress up or tone down and this is perfect. I like the material, soft and stretchy. The neckline is sexy and the sleeves cover the part of my arms I like to hide. The length is a little long but I can wear heels and it will be fine. I rate this product a good!
I had high hopes for this dress, but it did nothing for me. It clung to every curve, bump and dimple and was not flattering at all. And although I am tall, I am somewhat short waisted and this dress didn't work well with that feature. Sending it back.
I ordered this dress, being a larger sized woman, for my son's upcoming wedding in December. I love the color of the navy. It is very dark and I will be able to wear this dress to other dressy functions. I only give it a 4 star rating because the top bodice is not made for the more endowed woman and I am having to add lace to give the dress additional coverage to the girls - otherwise a great buy!
The length was perfect... I was afraid, that at 5 feet 4, I would need alterations, but this dress went perfectly with the 5 inch Heels I wore. Dress fit like a glove in all of the right places. The deep red color was perfect for the evening wedding. I got compliments all night long.