I used it as my wedding dress, and the dress was very pretty. The only minor complaint I have is that it didn't flatter my lower belly. I am a bit on the chubby side and it didn't conceal it too well on the bottom, the top of the dress however was extremely flattering. Overall I am very happy I chose it :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the sizing? Right on
Felt very comfortable wearing it as well as at the event I attended wearing it. Not quite as "bra-friendly" as it states as the shoulder straps rested farther out on the shoulders than any bra I have ever owned. However, with my strapless undergarment the placement of the straps allows for a very sexy look my husband appreciated.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as vibrant in real life.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good.
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate.
If you are willing to show clevage, this is the dress for you. the sizing was perfect, however the dress had unfinished edging on the shoulder edges. I did not feel this was appropriate for a dress in this price range. the dress is very revealing of every rumple or bumple you may have, so you will need a tight undergarment. that said, i received many complements on my dress and i felt like a princess for my wedding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurately
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. i was not happy with the quality of my dress
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
I was pleasantly surprised by how beautiful the dress is. The fabric is very light and delicate but there is another layer underneath. I was concerned about the fit through the bust because of earlier comments but I am a D cup and it fits perfectly. Because the fabric is stretchy it is very forgiving. I am very impressed with it and look forward to wearing it. Outstanding value for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly The Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be a good quality product - have not worn it yet.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate
The dress is beautiful. I am larger than most on top and typically size 2x will fit up there too, but not with this dress. There is a seam that comes acroos that doesn't look right unless you pull it down and then it is uncomfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the sizing? The dress fits good for my size except up top.
This is a very pretty dress, but I encountered the same problem a few others reported. There is a seam under the bustline, but even though I am a "C" and not a "D" cup ( others who had a problem were a "D"), the seam hit about 3/4 of the way down across my bustline. If I adjusted the dress and made the seam sit where it should sit, I was spilling out the top. I had to return the dress, and, unless you are a B or very small C, you might want to pass on this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality and material
- How accurate was the sizing? the bustline was not commensurate with the rest of the dress.
Beyond the shoulder strapping being on the short side (I'm a petite at 5'1" tall) the dress fit quite nicely. It would have been nice to see a Plus size Petite variant, this said.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black was a little washed out. Image led to believe it was a truer black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exactly as advertised.
- How accurate was the sizing? Quite accurate.
I bought this dress for my wedding day because of the course the picture was adorable and I thought that was kind of how it fit. Instead it was really snug on me for the size and no matter what I did - I could not smooth out any of my love handles. I also wasn't happy that you could see right through the dress even with the lining between me and outside. Other then that - the dress was beautiful, and I am going to bet that if I wasn't as big as I am, the dress would've been perfect. I ended up last minute using an old bridesmaid dress for my wedding so I will just remember from now on for weddings - your better off looking for a dress months and months - and preferrably at stores local to your home so that you can try them on and see how they fit. I like buying things offline, so all - in - all. I wouldn't say I wasted my money - I have a friend who did adore this dress so will end up giving it to her for a x mas present in a few months. I did like the price though - it was decent.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Was ok
- How accurate was the sizing? Was too snug for my liking
So often when searching for a dress, I have ordered something and it has arrived in that really flimsy kind of sheer viscose material which is NOT flattering or attractive on larger women. It clings to every bump and ripple. THIS dress is not that material. It is a softer heavier material that has stretch and is very comfortable. This is also one of those dresses that you can wad up in a suitcase and it comes out with no wrinkles. The waist band helps create a nice shape and the picture is very representative of the fit. The only problem I have is that the straps were too long and I needed to shorten them so that I am not showing my cleavage everytime I bend over. I really love this dress. I would live to have it in RED!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is pretty much black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I appreciate that it has a lining and it has weight to it so the skirt doesn't constantly ride up.
- How accurate was the sizing? I'm a little larger than 26/28 and it fit perfectly
I had looked at this dress online for several months as I prepared for my May 2011 wedding. I went with a more (much more) expensive custom made dress instead. When (7 days before my wedding) I was fitted in my $500 dollar dress it was a complete disaster and I would have needed about $100 more in alterations. Horrified, I went on OVERSTOCK, read the reviews and decided to rush-order this dress as a back-up alternative. It was on Sunday night and the cost for everything was less money than it would cost for the alterations on my original dress. Needless to say I was very skeptical, especially since I am a very busty “G” cup. So I did go with the advice of other reviewers and order the next size up. The dress arrived on Tuesday evening which was sooner than promised. Once I slid the dress on and my mom and I looked at it in the full-length mirror…WE AUTOMATICALLY KNEW THAT THIS WAS A KEEPER. Even without the proper undergarments on the dress was flawless and fit me perfectly. I love cleavage so I did not mind pulling the dress down a tad bit in the front (this way that “line” was not positioned across my boobies). When I was properly under-garmented, I was a super sexy and stunning bride for under $100. As for my original and more expensive dress, we put it back into the garment bag and have not looked at it since. My only regret is not saving that original $500 by buying the Evanese dress 1st. THIS DRESS WAS PERFECT FOR AND OUTDOOR SPRING WEDDING AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY LADY CONFIDENT ENOUGH TO PUT IT ON.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes...anything that wasn't white
- How is the quality of the product? Great
- Did the product fit true to size? No - runs smaller
I ordered this dress for my daughter who is a 3x. It was fully lined and well made. The fit was perfect, and looked very nice on her. We were very pleased with the quality of the dress, and the fit. She is about 5'6, and it was the perfect length. It would have been too long for anyone who is less that about 5.5 but could easiy be hemmed. We were not sure what to expect ordering over the interned, and because it is usually difficult to find clothes that fit her and look nice but this was just perfect. The dress looks even nicer in person than it does in the web photos. The price was very reasonable for the quality. Thanks to OverStock, she looked very pretty for her event.
Unfortunately it made me look like a tub. If you are thin you will look outrageous! The hem and the top didn't have nice endings. I think for the price you should get a better finish! I wouldn't buy it at $**, but if it's on sale, I would but not more than $50 and if you are THIN! If you are heavy set, you will not look good in it. I bought another one that really favored me. I was surprised because everything I get from overstock is top quality. I'm returning it because I can't see spending $** on this dress.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? The quality is very good and it is lined. I didn't like the borders or hem
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
It shipped to me faster than I anticipated, and the fit was exactly as described. The fit was also very flattering to my curves and even though I am taller than the average goddess, it still was long enough to come all the way to the floor, which was a wonderful bonus! I usually have to have full length dresses altered lengthwise. The color was exactly as pictured also and the dress as a whole was super comfy the entire time I wore it because of the fabric content. I would highly recommend this dress specifically as well as the manufacturer, shipper and O.co. It was a great online purchasing experience, thank you O.co! The only thing that would have made this better is if I had worn some sort of shaper underneath, like spanx or something similar, to sort of smooth out the lines a little bit. The only reason I didn't is because comfort won out over vanity.
I wore this dress to a fancy dinner and got soooo many compliments it was great , the dress fit perfectly and was very comfortable i am going to a wedding and am looking forward to wearing it again the price was awesome and a great value for the money
I got so many compliments on this dress. I was worried when I ordered it...being 5'10" means it's usually difficult to buy clothes long enough. I bought this dress two weeks before a ball. It not only arrived timely but it was long enough to wear with heels! Loved it!
I ordered the Evanese 3/4 sleeve Long Dress, as soon as I got it out of the box, I tried it on. It is for a 20th anniversary vow renewal, not until December, but I couldn't wait to try it on. It fit wonderfully! The dress is true to size! And as previously reviews had said, if you have a big bustline this dress is probably not for you. I am a C cup and I believe a D cup would fit also with no problem. I am 5'8" and this dress is wonderfully long enough for me! I always wear flat shoes, so this will not be a problem. I would recommend this dress to everyone! Hmmm do I also want to order one in blue also? I ordered the wine colored one, it is really well made, just awesome.