Nice suit but had to return because SIZING was off by a good amount. good materials/craftmanship/color & design but the sizing was the only issue I had. better to size up on pants & jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good materials
- How accurate was the sizing? not accurate--very tight
I liked the suit so I shipped the 40L back and asked for a 42L which comes with a 36 waist pant. The suit fit perfectly. I was worried about the pants but they fit like a 34 not, a 36. I had a coupon and got the suit for just over $100. I'm really surprised that they still have these in stocks given the quality of the material and the fact that it's a slim fit suit (modern). I'm 6' 1" and weigh about 177. Great buy but order the next size up to be safe. Thanks Overstock for the easy exchange and prompt delivery of the new suit. Never been disappointed and have ordered several suits from O. Steve
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. 100 percent virgin wool, what more can you say.
- How accurate was the sizing? Too small, I normally wear at 40L, 33 pant. I ordered a 40L which came with a 33 waist pant. Jacket was too small...I couldn't even zip up the pants.
After reading the reviews left for this suit, I decided to buy a size up (42R instead of a 40R). What a mistake. The suit that arrived was absolutely a 42, and I was swimming in it. Rather than pay tons of money on tailoring, I swapped it out, but for the one-button version (there were no 40Rs left in the two-button). All of the reviews claiming this suit is undersized must be made by fat people. I am NOT a skinny guy (broad shoulders, thick legs), but I found the sizing exactly as advertised.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate; pinstripe clearer in real life
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good wool; stitching is not the best
- How accurate was the sizing? Completely
I typically wear a 42R/36W off the rack but on this suit I went with a 44R and the jacket fit just right, the pants are just about snug (38W slim fit) but I'm committed to keeping my waist line in shape so it should be just fine. I'm 5'10" 185lbs. One more motivator to keep fit! Nice looking suit!
I was really excited for this suit - the color is beautiful, and when I took it out of the box, I immediately noticed the nice lining and the careful construction of the suit. Unfortunately, when I put on the pants, my thighs were stretching the material to capacity. If you're a cyclist, distance runner, or do any regular leg exercises, I'd look for a different suit. I have compression shorts that aren't this tight in the thigh. The jacket fit great and I'm sad to put it back in the package to return. If you have skinny legs, you'll love it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The actual suit is a few degrees lighter than pictured on the site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great material, careful work, looks really nice.
- How accurate was the sizing? The jacket fit great, the pants fit in the waist just fine, but were embarrassingly tight in the thighs. Athletes beware!
The style and inside lining of the suit were awesome, but unfortunately the size ran too small for me so I had to return it for a larger size, which they ended up not having in stock. :( The material and pattern were also very a very good quality. I'm gonna get another English Laundry suit if I find my size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A bit smaller than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality. I love this brand!
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs a bit small. Trust me and get the next size up!
I wear many suits. I have a slender build and for my body type thIs is a great suit especially being a wool suit .... Can't beat the price or quality
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the sizing? I''m 6'1" and 170 have .... Pants almost too tight but aside from that great fit
Shoulders were ok but very tight around the arms - I ordered a 42S, a size larger than what I usually wear. The quality of this product seemed fine and so was the style. I dont know why they would make the upper arm area so unproportional as compared to the shoulders.
I ordered a 38S and it didn't fit. I returned it and exchanged for 40S which fits like my other 38S suits. It's a sharp looking suit and I always get compliments on it. Had to hem the jacket cuffs and pant length but otherwise a perfect fit - one size off. I did not gain wait, this suit fits one size smaller so order a size larger and you'll like this suit.
Very sharp looking wool suit. Quite warm, would not wear during summer. As others have mentioned, this suit is sized too small. I usually wear a 36S and 29'' pants but ordered the 38S/31. The jacket fit fine, only had to bring in the waist a little, but the pants had to be let out. Back from the tailors, this suit looks fantastic. It's very classy and hundreds less than a comparable suit.
As I stated, great suit for the price... much lighter fabric than depicted in the photo, but nice non the less. Major warning gents.... this thing runs small! I read the previous post about size and sized up. I usually would go with a 38/32 slim fit suit, however ordered the 40/33... the coat would not sit flush at the lapel and pants, well lets just say I felt like I had on a pair of leggings. Very poor size comparison, do yourself a favor, order up to two sized for the pants as you will have to tailor the hem at any rate. very upset, waited over a week from time of purchase and now have to pay shipping for return, purchase a whole new suit (because Overstock as opposed to Amazon will not do an exchange over the phone) paying double and wait for the return to be charged back. Oh, don't forget the 10 bucks for return shipping... so in the end, just order up two size to be safe and save time and money... or go through another site that offers same day exchanges, your money is worth it. Good luck.
Just FYI...I ordered a 44R and it fits my brother who wears a 38R. I can understand a "slim fit." But instead of a slim fitting 44R...They just mark the size up about 6 sizes... The suit looks great and the quality of workmanship is there, just be ready to send back or hope for a friend/relative who may want it.
Great suit for the price. I ordered a size larger than I normally wear. I am 5'9" 155 lbs and got 33 40S. Although I wear a 32" waist normally, the pants were still a tight fit. Jacket was true to size. A little tailoring and I have a perfectly fitting suit for <150 total....hard to beat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the sizing? Pants were small but jacket was accurate
This is a unique suit with a edgy style to it. Stripes are nicely aligned throughout the suit. Really nice detail stitch work and accents on the garment. Cloth is a lighter weight and breathes nicely. Great blend of classic style with a twist.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, good fabric, lining is very nice
- How accurate was the sizing? not great if you have long arms.
When I read the reviews prior to my purchase it said order a size up. So I did. Basically I had a Chris Farley moment of "fat guy in a little coat". Except I am not the fat guy. I normally wear a 38L/31W so I ordered a 40L/33W. Nothing fit. I could barely get the coat on. And the pants were unflattering.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric felt awful.
- How accurate was the sizing? Way off. Completely and utterly wrong.
I kept this and did not return it basically because of the price and the possibility that tailor may save it. It looks nice--fabric is good, color is good, pattern is good. The cut and sizing though are so bizarre and unnatural though, that I would have a difficult time recommending this to anyone. That said, it is ***, so you might, like me, be willing to gamble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric is surprisingly high quality. Stitching is excellent. $100 for a half-canvassed, 100% wool, stitched, not glued garment, is in my book, better quality than expected. The quality, however, suffers tremendously in the assembly, cut, and sizing--all three interrelated factors, really.
- How accurate was the sizing? Utterly awful. I have not yet gotten the suit tailored, and it may be able to be saved. That said, I am normally a 40L, read the reviews, and bumped up to a 42L. As a result, the sleeves go almost to my knuckles--I am 6'3" with long arms, even for a 6'3" individual. To have the sleeves be so long is an absolute joke. Yet, the jacket length is disproportionately short. It does not even cover my rear. Moreover, the cut is surprisingly boxy for a slim, "modern," cut. It is not structured at all. In sum, I wear a 40L, got a 42 L--the sleeves are way too long, the jacket is too short, and the fit is boxy. The pants, obviously, are too big in the waist, yet the thighs are compressingly tight. Overall just an odd, odd fit. I can't imagine the proportions of someone that would actually fit into this suit: strangely long arms with a full and short torso, fat around the waist, yet with the skinniest legs I can possibly imagine. Utterly bizarre.
Great looking suit but jacket runs at least one size smaller. Had to return and not exchange because the pants would be too big on the next size up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? Not accurate on the jacket. It runs small. Pants were accurate on size.