I'm 5'3.25", 140lbs. I got the size 6. This dress hit just below the knee. The sleeves were a bit loose for me but that's because my arms are very thin. The boatneck was a little wider on me. It does not wrinkle so it's great to pack in a suitcase. Great to wear with a long necklace or scarf.
This is a very beautiful dress. While it is true that the zipper takes some patience it does not take away from the quality of the dress and the way it looks. I received one that was likely returned as it had a small stain on it, smelled like perfume and was a bit wrinkled - but it will be dry cleaned. I'm looking forward to trying different shoes with this dress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Yes
I saw this dress and immediately fell in love so I ordered it. Unfortunately, the zipper wouldn't go down below the waist. I called Overstock's customer service and they were wonderful; they processed a replacement at no cost to me. Unfortunately, the same problem exists; the zipper won't go down below the waist. If I pull, I know that with this fabric, it will split within a couple of pulls. So I have to return it again. This manufacturer needs to revisit this dress and use a more durable fabric to make it a five star dress. Too bad. I gave it two stars because if not for this problem, it would be a fantastic dress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poor manufacturing
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I love this dress, in spite of being unable to unzip it past the rouched waistline. (that's why I give it 4 stars vs 5) It wouldn't budge. I'm normally between a size 6 and 8. I ordered 8, which was good, because I have to maneuver a lot of get it on, not being able to unzip past the waist. If I'd ordered a size 6, it would have probably fit better (snugger) in the bodice, but never could have made it with that zipper. Given all this, it's a keeper. I normally just buy black and gray and love classic lines. This dress appeals to all that, yet is feminine and sexy. I'm 5'3", shortwaisted, and 125 lbs. Often, dresses with a defined waistline have too much fabric in the bodice. This fits well, even on a short waist. The fabric is very soft and drapes beautifully. Black or silver jewelry looks great, as well as a colorful scarf. If you consider this dress and are between two sizes, consider that impossible zipper.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Typical sizing
I liked this dress until I tried to zip it up. The cummerbund-style waistband looks very attractive with the full skirt but it was almost impossible to get the long back zipper past the waistband. It seemed only a matter of time until the gathered waistband fabric actually snagged in the zipper and stuck or ripped. The dress needs different design features to be more user-friendly. After some thought I returned the dress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was true to online image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fabric was okay and construction seemed fine with one exception (see below)
- How accurate was the sizing? size was accurate-- I ordered my usual size and the dress fit closely but did not feel skimpy and the length was perfect.