While I did not keep this dress I really liked it! The quality is excellent and it is just a super pretty dress. I felt a little too "bare" on the top and I also thought it was a little too "young" for me (I'm 56) If you enjoy full skirt kind of dresses, you will love it. It is a lovely sundress. I am a 12 and it was fairly snug and fitted, which is how it should fit so that there are no gaps in the bodice. I think it had pockets, too which I really liked. the fabric is soft and drapes nicely.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very high quality
- How accurate was the sizing? might need to go up a size
When I opened the package, the hanger popped right up and the dress was in a nice plastic bag, the pleats were nicely pressed, so I really did not have to take it to the dry cleaners once I opened it from the box. I wore it to a friend's high school graduation party and received a plethora of compliments. Although, I didn't really want to tell them where I bought it from, just because I wanted to be the only one who owned it in my city. The V-neck line is flattering and not too revealing at all. The pockets on the side have to be my favorite part, because I can put my car keys in them, my cellphone, a pair of sunglasses, and a small handkerchief without the contents bugling out, this way I don't have to lug around a big purse, my dress can be the conversation starter and center of attention. The design catches the spectators' attention and guides their eyes from the bottom, front, right hem up to the left, front shoulder, then back down to the right hem on the back side. I would recommend this dress to any woman who wants to feel confident, strong, beautiful, and the bell of the ball (or garden party). It is fun and youthful and very comfortable to wear. Having it be made out of 97% cotton is wonderful, because I easily sweat in polyester clothing, but with 95-100% cotton material, my skin can breath easy and not cause me to sweat like a maniac. I love this dress and I intend to wear it until there is snow on the ground in my hometown. It is dry clean only, but go to your preferred dry cleaners, and it will stay fresh and light for a long time! Plus, the dress is worth taking it to the dry cleaners. If you are unsure if you will like it, order it and try it on, you'll get the Betty Draper look from Mad Men, or a look that is similar to the 1960's, and the '60's fashions are still hot items in this generation. Hope this review helped ladies!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Accurate to the picture the site provided. The color is breathtakingly beautiful!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. NO stains, spots, seems undone, tears, threads sticking out. Feels like your wearing a cloud, so comfortable. I can let my skin breath in this dress!
- How accurate was the sizing? Very Accurate for me.
The fit on this dress is very unusual. I purchased a larger size than my normal size 10. The dress is tiny across the bust line, but is very wide in the shoulders. I still think the fabric is really attractive and wish the dress had fit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice fabric; pretty floral design
- How accurate was the sizing? Unusual
It was quality material. Styling was way too short for me and perhaps too young because of that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quite nice
- How accurate was the sizing? good
This is a very pretty dress. Perfect for a stroll in the park.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent construction
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
love this dress. Very flattering! It's very 'mad men" - but still modern and looks nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much more beautiful in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I am an hourglass figure and this dress fits and flatters perfectly. Nips in at the waist, very flattering. Modest enough for work, it's sophisticated enough for a garden party and fun enough to go out. Very classy looking, it almost has an updated Betty Draper look. My only complaint is two weirdish pleats in back but I think they'll steam out fine. No ruffles and the belt is stiff so I'm not quite sure where the name came from but I don't care - GREAT DRESS!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Richer in person - the dress appears almost shiny on site but has only a slight sheen in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high
- How accurate was the sizing? I am a large size 14 and ordered this in 16 - snug/excellent fit
Green? Red? Is it Christmas? You might think when you look at this dress but really, it reminded me more of strawberries and my childhood icon Strawberry Shortcake. The colors are incredibly rich and look great together despite them regularly not being seen together! The colors have a very spring/fall feel. (No, not Christmas!) The material is also incredibly rich. It feels super soft and silky. Very like shantung. The high-quality of the material also shows! I am usually a perfect size 12 in this designer and this dress did not disappoint. It fit perfectly. The cut and style of the dress were incredibly flattering on my pear-shaped figure. I will definitely be looking for dresses in this style/cut again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is better in person!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Extremely high-quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate as per usual designer's size chart.