This is a very expensive looking coat. The styling is very high end and the fit is good. The leather is wonderful, the color matches what was described..good buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The leather is wonderfu, very supple without being thin.
- How accurate was the sizing? I usually wear small, but ordered medium as was suggested in the description.
the jacket is very good. the wife loves it.the delivery time is quick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is great
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
This is a very comfortable/stylish winter coat. I did get a size larger, which I normally do because of being full figured. I did notice however that on my tan leather car seats I would see black appear after having worn that coat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color - Actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality - Very Good
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing - runs a little small
I'm 5' 4.5" and around 115 lbs - small fits a liiiitle big - thankful for the reviewers who unfortunately ordered up - with out them, I would've ordered-up and the medium would've been HUGE. It's a pretty long jacket for someone my height, by the way. Love the style. The shoulders go out a little more than I'd like. I'm an A-cup, so I don't have the bust issue that other reviewers have mentioned. It does feel a little tighter in the back of the shoulders than I'd expect, since the rest of the jacket seems huge-ish for a small. The collar works ok for me because I don't have a normal-to-long neck, but like another reviewer said, the chunky neck tie does make it a little awkward. It's a jacket to wear over a light sweater - I do kind-of wish it had a zipper instead of buttons, but I looooove this jacket. The leather is soft and fabulous. One interesting thing I noticed - the name is Italian, and the care instructions are in Italian and English, but make no mistake, this coat was MADE IN CHINA.. clever to get consumers to think it's Italian with the name and all. A tiny tag up above the neck tag says, "Made in China." Ah, well. Great coat, regardless (of us funding communism :( ), and this great coat is at a great price. I expect it to last me a looong time. Again, I love the fun style it has to it. I will be wearing it every day I can.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate - I'm 5'4.5" about 115lbs, and it looks big-ish on me, sleeves would probably fit only a thin, light sweater, though
This jacket is the only trench-style women's jacket which *I've* ever seen where all the "embellishments" actually preformed the functions they were originally designed for (before the fashion industry got a hold of it). The collar of this double-breasted jacket may be buttoned up to ward of the winter cold, or folded back to look like a snazzy sportswear jacket for work. The buckles on the sleeves & neck can be pulled in to make a wind-proof seal around your gloves. The shoulders aren't cut so close (for that 'sharp shoulders' look) that whenI reach upwards the entire jacket pulls up (a pet peeve of mine) The zippered "hidden" pocket in the chest is perfect for my wallet so I don't lose it when I'm running around. My only REAL problem with it is that they apparently went cheap with the buttons, which started pulling out within a month of use & one of them (which gets stressed b/c I have the bad habit of slouching) fell off entirely. This wasn't a big deal for me though, because that just made me "get around" to replacing the buttons with some snazzy metals ones. I also had to punch an extra hole in the buckles on the sleeves b/c I have skinny wrists. A very minor fashion-related problem with this jacket was that they (for whatever reason) decided to sew in a white piping & a line of white thread which as far as I can tell is just a non-functional embellishment. These white "features" are not visible when you're wearing the jacket, and if you're OCD, this was easily enough to fix with a black sharpie marker. With that said, I tend to be rough on my cloths; I have taken some serious hikes in this jacket (yes, in winter)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? black = black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. reasonable, see below
- How accurate was the sizing? perfect
Beautiful jacket, that's all I can say. I bought it for my daughter last year and it still looks brand new, and she wears it a lot. I bought a small for my daughter she weighs 120 lbs and is 5'6" tall and there's room for a sweater or sweatshirt underneath. It's a very well made jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is excellent
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was right on target
Love the coat wear it almost every day looks sharp!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful quality always get complements
- How accurate was the sizing? very good
I am really happy with my coat and the price is very reasonable for the quality!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The leather is a very good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Medium is a little too big but small would have been too small
I am returning it even though it breaks my heart to do so. Based on other reviews, I ordered the medium. I'm a pretty standard size 4, 5'5" but busty, so I needed the M across the chest. But it is so long - the sleeves hung way over my hands (and my arms are pretty average to long) and the waist hit me in the wrong spot. There is no way, after buttoning it, however, that I could exchange it for the small. Other than the bust area though, it is very roomy on me. And itt hangs too low, even though I don't consider myself to be short. Finding someone to make even small alterations to a leather product - especially one with such nice detail on the cuffs, and move the "waist" would be so hard and it just doesn't look like "my" jacket. The leather is so soft and beautiful though. Really one of the nicest coats I have seen. I wish I were 2-3" taller.... This coat is cut for a tall slender model type person and that's about it. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was fine - true to screen
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Gorgeous leather. Very soft, no discolorations
- How accurate was the sizing? The reviews were right - it runs a little small circumference-wise. But it is really really long
I have an Andrew Marc 3/4 length leather jacket with faux fur which purchased several years ago at a department store and paid over *** for. This jacket is similar in length minus the fur and is just as soft and beautiful. I have been wearing it on a regular basis and have received many compliments on it. The only complaint that I really have is that the inside lining is sewn with white thread which you cannot see when you have the jacket on but it doesn't flow well with the jacket. However, for the price, it is a great deal and as I said, you cannot see the inside of the jacket when you are wearing it anyway.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the leather is phenomenal. I love the buckles on the sleeves.
- How accurate was the sizing? I read the other reviews before purchasing and others said to buy one size up from what you would normally wear and that worked out well for me.
Wow! Beautifully crafted, fine leather. I would intentionally look for and purchase from this label again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality leather and craftmanship
- How accurate was the sizing? Fitted. I usually wear a small (4) but ordered the medium as others had recommended. I can wear a sweater underneath with the medium; That would not have been possible with the small.
Well, I should't have followed the recommendations and reviews about this product, as I went ahead and ordered a size larger as advised. I am petite 6, the coat was huge on me. Sleeves are too long, too much room in the chest and under arms, too much room around the neck and collar. I should have stayed with Medium what I typically wear. The coat is very heavy, seems like it would be warm on a cold Fall day. I was also disappointed with the style. It looks lovely in the photo, the model is very slim and tall. Well, it didn't look anything like that on me. I didn't care for the white on black hand stitching inside the coat either. It looks like they ran out of black thread and had to use a white one. Obviously, it will not look white with time. I had to return it, and I wasn't interested in exchanging it. Two of my friends totally agreed with me. Return is easy, just pay 8 dollars shipping cost.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is rich like on the photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be a nice quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? I think it is pretty accurate.
I absolutely love the quality and design of this coat. You will not find the same in stores for this price point (even the price marked on the coat is a little conservative...would sell for way more in better department stores!). I followed other reviewers suggestions and went up a size in this trench (normally I take a size large in leather coats...I wear a size 8 in clothing) to an XL and it is perfect......will have to have sleeves taken up a tad, but other than that I will have plenty of room for bulkier sweaters.....couldn't be happier with this purchase. If you are the fence about this coat....don't be......excellent quality that will last for years to come!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a softer black tone.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Top grade lambskin
- How accurate was the sizing? Ran one size smaller than normal
I am a nanna, and not used to alot of this internet purchasing, or all the up to date technologies in general. So was a little hesitant to purchase online, especially from overseas. But the process was made so much easier, by my chats, over any delivery etc concerns, I may have had. it was a very easy process and one I am looking forward to doing yet again in the not too distant future. Always been partial to you Yanks! I was thrilled to bits with my jacket and can highly recommend overstock. Kep up the good work. since my jacket arrived I have had many comments, all raving about the jacket and where it came from. So have been a great advertisement from overstock! Many thanks!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the product fit true to size? The jacket did fit as this was my major concern. After doing the required measurements I felt I may of ordered a size too small, but it did fit lie a glove!
Definitely order a size larger than normal. This coat is a very heavy yet lush lambskin-perfect length- detailing galore-exactly as depicted-I'm normally a size 6 but ordered the Large and the shoulders fit perfectly-plenty of room in the chest area and room for a light sweater underneath. This a quality product including some hand-stitching in the interior--very beautiful! Thanks O!!!