I though I was buying a cashmere scarf, but it felt more like thick scratchy wool. I returned it because it was not what I thought it was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wasn't soft-
I ordered this scarf in aqua. I thought the color would be much darker than it is (see picture), but I love it none-the-less. It is warm and large enough to double as a shawl. It goes nicely with the fudge brown down coat I also ordered from Overstock.
I ordered these scarves in black for my school aged boys.The scarf itself FEELS THICKER NOT BECAUSE it has been woven numeous times, but because the yarn thickness is thicker than what I AM USED to in my other casmere scarves. One COULD see this as a sign of lower quality processing cashmere but i personally think that the cashmere material itself is quality and will stand up to my children having it wrapped around their necks.Lengh and width is abundant to do as you please with it. Long fringe makes it look trendy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as in picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality processing could be even better than it is.
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I bought this for a friend and sent it to straight to them as a gift. I have never done that before and thought I'd give it a shot. My friend really likes it and says that it is a very pretty color (I got the navy one). After I saw it I was pretty satisfied with it too. I don't think it's anything THAT special for the price that I paid, but it made a great gift nonetheless. I'm sure that this is a cheaper price than you can get for other cashmere scarfs so overall I'm pretty satisfied!!! On a side note though, when my friend got the package she had NO idea it was from me. There was no indication on the package saying who it came from. The only reason she figured it out who it was from is because there was a contact phone number listed, and it was my number. She was very confused about why I was sending my packages to her house under her name!!!! It ended up being a pretty funny story to tell though!
Sent this to a dear friend for her birthday. I didn't see it personally; she said the colors were beautiful and that it was very soft. My disappointment was with the order process. I indicated it was for a gift but was not given the choice to include a brief message/card. Also, I have no way to ensure she didn't get an "invoice". That's not something you want to ask the recipient :). Not sure I'll send gifts from OS again since there's not "personalization" nor assurance of gift receipt.
Soft, medium weight wool. Not sheer but not so thick you cannot twist it into shape around neck. Cannot see through it. I was extremely pleased about the weight, color and quality. Not scratchy, either, and I have sensitive skin. I'd buy one in every color. Very pretty.
I loved this scarf! The orange was perfect for a Cleveland Browns football game. The red is perfect for a fall St Louis Cardinal game.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I bought a red orange and cream scarf the red and orange were perfect colors the cream was a little off
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice quality I wish I had bought one in every color
- How accurate was the sizing? size was as stated
This scarf is cashmere and I was hesitant to purchase it as it was so reasonably priced. However, it was so lovely and soft and so worth the purchase. I always find the quality of overstock.com to be beyond expectation.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. scarf is high quality
- How accurate was the sizing? n/a
too short and not a true aqua color as i envisioned. but it is ok. i just would have preferred it larger
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not as i thought
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
This scarf was such a disappointment. I realize that with cashmere, you get what you pay for, but this cashmere isn't worth half the price paid. It is coarse and scratchy. The long edges of the scarf are frayed as it is unfinished, I bought this as a Christmas gift for my granddaughter and will have to find her something else. I'd be ashamed to give her this as a gift.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Dull grey blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the sizing? I would not call it "oversized"
My daughter was bemoaning the fact that her only cashmere scarf was black and she needed a brown one. When I checked Overstock.com, there was the perfect answer for her need at the perfect price. She says it is the perfect length to wear wrapped around her neck when it isn't cold enough for a jacket.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect chocolate brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Same luxurious feel as the one I paid $170 for earlier in the year.
- How accurate was the sizing? Nice length
I expected this to be a cheaper quality than it actually is. It's a very nice inexpensive cashmere not some polyester blend. The dark brown color I chose is very rich looking and the scarf is excellently made. I am going to buy a couple more in other colors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality - not real high end cashmere but it's soft and the color is beautiful -
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect - it's a scarf not a pair of shoes - LOL