The shoes that were sent were not what I ordered. They were not Boston Traveler brand, but some cheap knock off that only says made in China on the tongue. Also they have a horrible chemical stench that will not go away. I had to store them next to the front door, as they were making me sick smelling them in my room.
The first day I wore them to work I went home sick because the smell was making me ill. It smells like a very strong industrial glue or material. They do look good but if you buy them leave them outside for two weeks before wearing them.
I bought these shoes for my husband for a job interview and he had no intention on wearing them much after that but these look so nice and go with his suits, dress pants and with dress jeans nicely he wears them all the time. Very comfortable, true fit. He has gotten many compliments. Highly recommended.
I would purchase again. It feels comfortable and I like the style.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the colow was perfect for what was listed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is an excellent shoe for the price. Normally I would have paid about $100.00 for this shoe.
- How accurate was the sizing? a little on the large size.
The shoes are very nice looking I brought them for my brother who needed a nice black shoe to wear with his Sunday suits. Problem the shoes have a STRONG smell can't quite describe but it's chemical smelling. Now don't get me wrong the shoe itself is very nice good cut very attractive but the smell is breathtaking. :-(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice cut good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing was good
This is a smart looking shoe, very comfortable, but I couldn't wear them for a few days after they arrived because of the very strong industrial odor from the leather. I aired them out, it helped a bit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as on screen.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very comfortable shoe, however, I noticed the stitching on the cap toe come undone after wearing them first time.
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size.
I loved the look of these shoes, and they were delivered very promptly. But the leather has a very strong and strange chemical smell. I actually had co-workers in my office saying, "Do you smell that? It smells like something is burning." It was the shoes. So far I haven't been able to devote a lot of time to trying to "unstink" them, but I definitely can't wear them.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Good and Bad
- Did the product fit true to size? yes
These shoes said they were Boston Traveler Oxfords. But, what was sent says - " Top Shelf" and "made in China" - THEY ARE NOT leather, but are man-made material that (I should have read more reviews...), really have a strong smell, and are NOT quality shoes. Only buy if you want cheap knock off.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? POOR!
- Did the product fit true to size? Yes
I got the tan colored one and the look was classic.The only thing that might be a problem for some was after I wore it outside while it was snowing and it got wet, the color changed to a darker shade of tan except for the sewn joints. Its very subtle, but now its like it has highlights which is OK with me.