My husband hates my driving. Well, I can't blame him. I learned in my late 20s and I get easily distracted. So, I am usually in the front passenger seat when we go on our little car trips and car picnics. I like to read or do puzzles. My eyes are changing and I am finally needing reading glasses to read more than 50% of the time. I also need sunglasses because I have the start of some cataracts. Just tiny ones. I have a wide head and my nose is a tad wider at the bridge than I started with because I broke the bridge on a cedar chest in our bedroom. My advice: don't do that! I tried another pair of reading sunglasses that I ordered from one of my regular online go to shopping places. Did not read the fine print. They are bifocals. Bifocals are ok for driving but really irritating when you are only reading. So I did a Google shopping search and it told me Overstock had what I wanted. I ordered these and they are nearly perfect for me. They are well made. They come with a nice case. They were not very expensive. Frame width was wide enough for my face. The only fault is the bridge is a bit narrow for my once broken nose. Still I like them enough that I might order another pair in the next strength up for when my eyes get really tired on really long car trips. Definitely recommended, especially if you have never broken your nose so your nose bridge is its original narrow size.
The frames themselves are very well made - sturdy and of good quality plastic - and they look good on my face. But as I said in my title, the lens are "wavy" which of course affects my being able to read. I won't bother with sending them back - they're fine to keep in my purse for shopping trips, etc., but they're not my "go to" glasses for working or reading.
Very satisfied with this purchase, as the glasses are a nice frame, and comparable to prescription glasses that I read with. Therefore, think that anyone who needs an extra pair, as I always do, would do well with these glasses. Frame is dark blue, and looks attractive. Much nicer and cheaper than the ones in the drug store.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? SAME
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. VERY NIC
- How accurate was the sizing? GOOD
Pleased with the weight and color of these frames. Love the cat-eye shape and the lenses are nice, clear and not as prone to build-up. I'd give these a 5 star if the overall size of the glasses were bigger - covering my face more. Still, some of the best readers I have found online.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color as shown - pretty blue
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Heavier weight and nicer lenses than other readers out there
- How accurate was the sizing? I would have liked them to be a bit bigger
These glasses are more than I expected......they fit perfect, look great and feel comfortable. The quality of the lenses is crystal clear and of optical quality that you get from any vision center. The spring hinges fit your head so comfortably and they don't slip down your face and are so cute!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is supurb and is better than the eyeglasses I purchased from a vision store.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was great, not too big and not too small.