Many times slim fit becomes a fit that few people can wear. This is a good leaner fitting suit without the tightness that comes with many slim fit suits. I have a muscular build and many times at banana republic their slim fit pants are way too tight on my butt and I can't hardly fit my arms in the sleeves. I'm not a body builder but I do have a stout build. Unless you are pretty overweight, then the slim fit should be a good fit for most body types.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is accurate. The pictures on the website could be better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? The waist fits a little smaller than actual sizing. However this wasn't a problem for me.
I wouldn't hesitate getting any Ben Sherman suit you see on Overstock - you can't beat the price, and they look great for work or social events. They are modern enough looking in their fit, but proper enough you can wear to work and not look foolish.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The suit looks more like a charcoal grey than black, and the stripes are actually two different colors, alternating between a subtle brown and what looks like a grey stripe. I actually like this color scheme more, because it will allow using a wider variety of different color ties and shirts. FYI, the pinstripe colors are subtle enough you probably wouldn't notice they are different, or that one is brown unless you wore complimenting items to draw the color out - it looks more like a charcoal pinstripe suit.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is great - this is about a $5-700 suit at Ben Sherman. I've bought 5 Ben Sherman suits from Overstock and they are all awesome. I would compare them with Hugo Boss quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? I am 5'10", and about 190lbs with an athletic build - not a body builder, but I can sometimes have trouble finding suits that fit my upper body correctly. I wear between a 42-44 inch chest, but 42's can be tight in my shoulders, and 44's can be too big in the body. This 44R fit's perfect, all I have to do is have the cuffs taken up, about an inch taken in on the waist (I usually wear a 35), and the pants hemmed. It is a Kings Fit Ben Sherman suit.
I am 5'10" 160 lbs. Wear a sized shirt of 15.5 32/33, & 31-33 on slacks depending on brand and cut. Purchased a 38L/31 Ben Sherman slim fit suit. The jacket fit was excellent. It almost felt tailored (even better than the Kenneth Cole slim fit). I usually get 38R, but wanted to see how longer the sleeves would be on a 38L since I rarely see that size offered by other brands. It wasn't that much longer. The slacks fit was good. They fit jis ablove the hips which is preferable to around the waist. Around the thights they are a bit snugger but not skiiny jeans tight. A size 32 would have been perfect for me, but they don't offer that combo. Overall pleased with the purchase & would not hesisate to purchase another one, esp. for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close, not as dark
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quailty of material can be felt & seen
- How accurate was the sizing? Almost felt tailored