Love the coat. I was looking for classic lines, mid-thigh length, neutral color, something I could dress up or dress down. This fits the bill perfectly. I like the inset waist because it gives some form. I may decide to pull the back buttons in for more form later (I'm small waisted), but will wear it as is for now. After all, it is a coat--not a fitted dress. I chose medium size in the charcoal and it fits perfectly with enough room I can 'sweater up' underneath it if I want to. (I'm 5'7" and about 150 lbs, if that helps determining the size you want). The texture is as soft as butter. Love it! Love it! Love it!
I purchased this coat and really like it so far. As stated in the other reviews, it is not as fitted as it appears. I have a hard time finding things with sleeves long enough for my arms, so I tend to buy them bigger and then take them up. That is what I did with this coat. I took it up just a touch and now it fits perfectly and the sleeves are long enough. The quality and color meet my expectations. I would recommend this coat. If you are looking for a flattering fit, you might want to keep a taylor in mind just in case it is not quite what you wanted. I gave this a 4 out 5 because of the fit and having to adjust it, otherwise I would have given it a 5.
I don't know much about fashion, but my wife loves the coat and it cost less through Overstock than other places I found similar coats.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good color match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality, no defects detected.
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect.
i was dissappointed in this item. i had tried a similar in a retail store, and it was much better quality than this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not so good
- How accurate was the sizing? ok
this is a very nice classic coat. I feel the size runs a little large. I ordered a SM but still feel the run with a cashmere sweater. It gives the classic professional look, will be a good fit to wear to work in winter.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to the color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the sizing? runs a little large
It was a nice coat, high quality and great color but not as fitted as expected. I got my wife a medium and ended up returning it because it was too big. The waist isn't tapered very much. Other than that it was a good coat at a decent price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality coat, high wool count which is why I puchased it for my wife.
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizes run big
The coat was originally ordered for my daughter who is about 5 foot tall, petite but my wife who is a bit taller 5 foot 1inch size 8 liked the coat so much as it flatters her figure decided to keep the coat for herself!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Charcoal gray as described and shown on site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The fabric was smooth to the touch, not prickly as usually found on wool coats. It is also sturdy and thick without being heavy. The liner was full and just right length so it is easy to put on without binding. The shape was flattering to the figure. Overall an excellent buy!
- How accurate was the sizing? The coat ordered was size S (small) which fits perfectly with size 6 in coats.
Looks sharp, quality is good, price is extremely competitive. Nicer than the Anne Klein available in the nice department stores at 40% less and higher % wool. But be warned the sizes don't match up well. I took an XL (as usually) in this year's Anne Klein coat at the mall, but in this coat I needed an L.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black was black.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected, looks sharp.
- How accurate was the sizing? I am usually wear an XL, particularly for the shoulders and chest. This coat was huge but an L fit fine.
When I received this coat, I was happy with the weight of the fabric (much nicer than my old pea coat from the mall) and the color. It looked good and seemed well-made, but I have a large bust and small waist. Unfortunately, the "inset waist" shaping that was described wasn't quite as good as I was hoping. It mashed my chest down, and was large around the waist. I think if I hadn't had a large bust, this would've been perfect. I also have reasonably broad shoulders, so it felt a bit tight through there. Don't buy this coat expecting great hourglass shaping -- I didn't love that I had to return it. :(
I ordered this coat in medium. My measurements are 39 bust, 31 waist, and 42 hips. It's a beautiful coat and it's exactly what I was looking for, but I was extremely disappointed with the fit. When I raised my arms out to the sides, the sleeves only reached the middle of my forearms. It was tighter across the bust (I *do* have a bigger bust), but the rest of the coat was very roomy - it's not very form fitting as it is pictured. Besides the fit, the coat is very well made. The fabric is very soft and the coat is warm. It has shoulder pads, by the way! They're a little thick and if I had kept the coat I would have had a tailor remove the pads.
This is a nice coat. I got it for a great price so I definitely will keep it, though it is not exactly what I''m looking for. The wool is soft, it feels like it's a cashmere blend (but it's not). It must run big. In coats, I typically wear between a 10 and 12. The site recommended order one size smaller, so I ordered a Medium. Very glad I did, the Medium fits perfectly through the back and shoulders, but the body/middle of the coat looks and feels a little fuller than what I like. I think it's this fullness that makes it appear to be a more formal coat than what I typically would wear to work. The sleeves are a tad bit short, but nothing that looks off, they're fine. No one would notice, they just feel a little short for me. Great value for the money, so I'll keep this coat, while probably also keeping my eye out for something a little more streamlined in the mean time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Black is black is black. Color appears true.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be a good quality coat. Smooth and soft; feels like a cashmere blend.
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs big
The delivery time was quick, the packaging of the coat was excellent. Overall a great coat at a fabulous price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of this coat is great!
- How accurate was the sizing? I ordered a small, it is labeled S/M. It fit great and I still have room for a sweater underneath.
This is a great coat at a great price. I absolutely love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the sizing? very accurate
I love this coat!! Great fit and great price. I would recommend to all my friends.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate
I am very pleased with this coat. It is comfortable, warm, and looks great with pants or skirts. The price was unbelievable as I had purchased another on sale for over $100 elsewhere but returned it because the fit and material were not nearly as nice.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great coat,
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, comfortable fabric, not too heavy
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
I have to say this coat looks so much better on than it does in this picture. I bought this coat for myself, but my 20 year old daughter saw it and has been wearing it ever since. The price is so low and it is much warmer than other wool coats I have purchased. I should have bought two!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the sizing? great