I bought these a few weeks ago and they are already heading to the trash. The "shearling" "stuff" has been coming off in clumps. Plus, they really really smelled gross (chemically) though the smell did go away soon. They look okay, but are disposable slippers.
The other reviews are not kidding about the smell! I had been looking for slippers just like this for a long time, so, based upon a few of the reviews that said the smell wasn't that bad, I went ahead and ordered them. I let them sit out of the plastic bag for a week or so, and the smell didn't seem that bad. Within an hour or so of having them on my feet I was trying to find out where the cat had peed! It was the slippers! Now that I've worn them, I can't return them. I've tried the Febreze suggestion, but I'm not sure I'll ever be able to wear them. Do not waste your money!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Possibly unwearable
- How accurate was the sizing? Runs a bit large
These looked wonderful, but when I tried them on...YUCK! They have this funky VERY hard heal on them, what's with a heal on a slipper? The heal was very uncomfortable and didn't seem attached to the rest of the sole so as my food slid to the front of slipper the heal sort of flopped around. Even ordering them smaller (after reading the other reviews) they were too big.
The slippers smelled REALLY strongly of synthetic materials! To the point of smelling up any room they were in for the first couple of weeks. I don't know if it was the glue or the rubber or what, but I don't enjoy exposing myself to lots of toxins, and so I wouldn't buy them again. Plus, they have really hard soles, and even with the shearling layer on top, they don't feel very cushiony or comfortable, they're like walking on a very hard surface. Too bad, beacuse they were a great price.
I am more comfortable wearing a flat slipper as opposed to one with a slight heel. These are nice but I worry when wearing them because I have balance issues.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the sizing? a little larger than I anticpated
The heel area is hard, but the slippers are not as stable as a pair with footbed that is hard all over. The front area is flexible enough to accomodate a wide foot with a high instep, they are warm and the wool is very soft. I wear a women's 7 1/2 (D or E width, which is very wide) and the 8 (38) is fine for me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. decent
- How accurate was the sizing? fine
Feels like your walking on bricks. Would not recommend to any person the plans on walking in these at all. they are warm and true to color.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor quality
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing was fine
Shearling linsole lining seems sparse and provides no cushioning. It remains to be seen whether the lining will pull away from the sole. It feels as if is it is not attached very securely. I would not purchase this product again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color received was the same as the on-line image.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality fair.
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size.
i bought these slippers for my husband but they are feminine. don't like the sloping heel not very comrfortable
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. on a small sloping sole, makes one feel like they are wearing a low heel
- How accurate was the sizing? not accurate for a man
I really like these slippers. They feel luxurious. At under *** including shipping, I got my money's worth and then some.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well-made, spot resistant, very comfortable.
- How accurate was the sizing? Maybe a bit large, easy to forgive in around-the-house wear.
My only complaint about these slippers, but it's a big one, is that they are NOT comfortable! There is a hard, raised heal that makes me feel like I'm wearing high-heels or something. I wouldn't buy them again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color match was good.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality, about what I expected.
- How accurate was the sizing? sizing was right for me.
I bought these for my husband and the toxic, chemical smell that hit me when I opened the package was disgusting. I didn't even give them to him to try on - they went back in the box and I sealed the package and it still took a while to clear the room of the odor. Very unpleasant.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? not applicable
- Did the product fit true to size? not applicable
These slippers are nice and plush. They are true to size, and keep your feet warm. However, for the first two weeks mine kept smelling like cat urine, I couldnt belive it, I had to spray some fabreeze in them a few times, other than that, they are fine.