The bag is very colorful, large and sturdy. It's received several compliments. I use it to carry a lot of different items - including heavier items. I didn't recall that it included a coin purse, but it does! Cute! My only gripe is that out of the wrapper, it has a strong musty smell. I let it sit outside in the sun for a day. Then I put a dryer sheet in the bag. That seemed to help, but I purchased this over two months ago and I it still has that odor - and I only notice it every once and a while now (I'm getting used to it?). Kind of scary - what is that smell? I'd give it more stars, but ...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy
- How accurate was the sizing? Spot on
The tote is beautiful! I've recieved many compliments the first week of using it. It carries all that I need to carry without having to carry a tote and a purse. I really love it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are vibrant and beautiful
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I love the sturdiness of the tote. I can put a laptop, textbook, my wallet and other miscellaneous stuff and it carries very nicely
- How accurate was the sizing? It looks bigger on the site up next to the model that was used.
The bag is beautiful - only wish that the lining was lighter in color. It's difficult to find objects with the black lining
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems well made
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I am very pleased with my new bag, it shipped to me in reasonable time, the price point was great, quality was high.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mint condition
- How accurate was the sizing? exact
I got this tote for college for a couple of classes over the summer. This first thing I noticed as soon as I opened the box was the strong smell of leather. Unfortunately, not the expensive kind you smell on an expensive leather purse or jacket. Having said that, it makes sense once you look at the workmanship. The small leather pieces are sewn on the canvas bag and handles. It is not bad workmanship, I would say a little bit above average. The interior is of a lighter cotton material. Unfortunately, it is of black color which makes it difficult to see and/or find your things since this is a deep tote. The cell phone and extra pocket is of average size. The zipper pocket is also of average size. I wish the zipper and light interior material was of better quality because zipper does not zip/unzip smoothly. You have to hold the end of zipper with one hand as you pull the zipper with the other hand. Definitely not a one hand job like other totes from outlets (e.g. Coach, etc.) The leather pieces are sewn in place to reinforce the tote. This tote is light in weight, especially for its size. I am hoping this tote will hold up over time. I had to spray the interior cotton lining with Febreeze and air it out for a couple of hours. Due to the the colorful leather--some light colors, I used a heavy duty waterproof spray on both the interior, the entire exterior, both sides of the handles and shoulder strap, and the coin purse. I wanted to do this because of the light color exterior canvas because this helps with stains and I do not worry about the rain on the leather/canvas. This bag fits my 13 inch MacBook Air, a couple of text books, a binder, pencil pouch, water bottle and snack. Exactly what I wanted it for. The extra shoulder strap is a plus to securely wear it, leaving you hands free for when you are grabbing lunch at the cafeteria or in the library pulling books from the shelf. All in all, this is what I was looking for. I do like the design and its uniqueness. However, $$$ is a bit steep for this tote. I think $49.99 is more of a fair price taking the average material in consideration. I guess the $25.00 is for the labor for all the many sewn pieces. I will try to remember to update this post after 6 months of college use. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is exactly as pictured
- How accurate was the sizing? Sizing as described, however the picture of the woman holding tote is deceiving. She looks to be a petite Asian woman and the tote looks huge on her.
This bag is great it holds so much and the color is wondreful .I love the leather and that is has flowers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is great better than in stores
Great bag to carry every day. The colors go great with every outfit. I get lots of compliments on the bag. The only con about this bag is that the sizing made it appear larger. I wish it was a little bit bigger because I carry a lot of stuff to work with me every day.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was not as bright which was great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stands up well to daily heavy use
- How accurate was the sizing? OK
Bought this for a teacher to use as her personal school bag. She loved it and said that it was perfect for what she needed. Has received a lot of compliments and it brightens her day in class!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same or better
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Same or better
- How accurate was the sizing? Perfect
FOR A AMERILEATHER PRODUCT THIS BAG WAS DISAPPOINTING. POOR CONSTRUCTION, GLUED AT SOME PLACES AND OTHERS NOT, BOTH SIDES OF BAGS DO NOT MATCH, 1 HAS STUDS, OTHER DOESNT, PICTURES DONT SHOW THAT. THE MODEL IN LISTING MUST BE 8 YEARS OLD BCUZ IT LOOKS HUGE AND ROOMY ON HER BUT REALLY ISNT THAT BAG. NO PROTECTION GEAR/ STUDS ON BOTTOM OF BAG TO PROTECT FROM FLOOR....ALMOST $** COULD HAVE GONE TO A COACH OUTLET STORE
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? NA
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POORLY MADE
- How accurate was the sizing? ACCURATE SIZE STATED BUT MODEL MUST BE A 8 YEAR OLD B CUZ IT IS NOT THAT BIG ON MY SHOULDER
Nice large leather bag. Too large for me personally to carry daily, but I bought it for a carry on, or an overnighter. It will work well for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be a good quality leather
- How accurate was the sizing? accurate
I was thrilled when I saw this bag. The colors are vibrant and the style/size were perfect. My daughter liked it so much she now has it with her on a trip to Europe. It is just right for a carry on piece of luggage and is well made so should withstand some heavy use.
When I received the bag, I was a little surprised at how thin the material is so I'm concerned about durability over the long haul. The bag is similar to the picture but the colors are slightly different. For example, the bag in the photo has a blue leather piece on the bottom but on the one I received, the pieces are dark brown and light brown. (Perhaps this is due to the fact that they are individually hand sewn?)The interior of the bag I received is also a dark brown, not black as other reviewers have described, so it's a little easier to see your items. There is a lot of room so you can easily fit a laptop, padfolio and many other items so you won't need to carry an extra purse. However, the downside is there are only a few pockets so not much ability for organization as another reviewer stated. Overall it's a nice looking tote but I do think that it's overpriced for what it is. My biggest concern is how it will hold up with daily use over time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Similar colors but not identical to the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Design is very pretty but I am concerned about durability over time
- How accurate was the sizing? True to size
I thought the entire tote was going to be leather. The tan back ground color is made of fabric almost like burlap. I haven't carried it and will most likely return it. The smell of leather was very nice though and the colors are pretty.
I bought this for my mother-in-law to use when she is traveling on a plane/train or just needs a good sized shoulder bag. She loved it. I did have to polish the metal just a little to shine them, but with any metal on a bag, that can and will happen. The bag was nicely made, and I liked the canvas/leather combo.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well-made
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate Size-Large
I really like the leather bag. It is large enough for everything you wish to carry on either a daily basis (if you pack heavy purse) or on a trip. I would love the bag to have more compartments inside. There are two small, open pockets that you could put your cell phone or a pack of gum. It came with a small leather, zippered pouch (4 X 5 inches). It also has one small zippered pocket inside the bag. Since the bag is large, I have a hard time finding anything in the bag. It would be so much better if the inside were designed as well as the outside. I will find some small zippered bags to organize the items I normally take with me for pens, pencils, markers, etc. A couple of other ones as well for other items everyone carries in there purse since the pockets are so small in this bag.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was very close from the site to the actual product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It appears to be of very good quality.
- How accurate was the sizing? The sizing was correctly represented.
This is a mixed review...I really like the bag..size is great...quality is good...the drawback is the odor of the bag itself. I liked it well enough to keep it....but I have had this bag hanging by itself to airout and hopefully get rid of the REALLY musty and unwanted odor. I have had this item for quite awhile...and just recently used it for the first time. The odor has lessened considerably...I'm just not sure that I'd go through this whole process again....I should probably have returned the item for another one...hopefully minus the smell.
I've now had this bag for a few years. I love this bag! So versatile, really goes with any variety of outfits/colors. Also holds EVERYTHING YOU OWN. So much space...for better or worse. Once, after I'd been using it to tote textbooks, a seam split. My local shoe repair shop mended it right up, but probably should not be used for heavy lifting.