This is the 2nd Amerileather bag I've purchased . I bought the first one for my teenage daughter more than 1 year ago and it's still going strong. This bag will be a gift for a family friend going off to college. I know she'll love it and I'm betting she'll receive as many compliments as my daughter did. For other reviewers who complained about the smell of the bag----that's the smell of new leather. Buy with confidence.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was not quite as bright, yet very attractive.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Obviously the quality is not as good as an expensive bag, but excellent for the price.
- How accurate was the sizing? The bag is the perfect size for a student or someone who needs a larger size bag.
I just received this bag today, and I love it. The colors are fun, I find the stitching to be well done. I really like the detachable shoulder strap as well. I think this is a great find for the price! Where else can you find this much workmanship and detail in lamb leather at this price?? Very colorful and unique. I plan to carry it as a travel tote and can't wait to use it! Now that I've discovered Amerileather I could be in serious trouble!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looked quite similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. In line with pricing
- How accurate was the sizing? Photo with model makes it look larger than I think it is. Model must be very petite!
Overall this is a perfectly fine, inexpensive leather bag. The size and design are just as described. As others have noted, it does smell like leather, but I expected that. What I did not expect was the colors of the leather used to make the bag. The description says "NOTE: Due to the multicolored nature of this handbag, the product you receive may differ slightly from the product displayed in the picture." The word "slightly" should be removed. The colors in the bag I received bear no resemblance to the picture whatsoever. The bag I received is made with leather in colors that include least three different shades of pink, baby blue, aqua, teal, bright blue, bright yellow and chartreuse. It does not resemble the color palette in the photo. If you're just looking for a multicolored bag in the pattern shown, and aren't set on any particular colors, you should be fine. Otherwise, choose a different bag.
I love this bag, i use it every day and it has been very useful. I can carry everything I need for the day in it. It had an overpowering leather smell when I first got it, that I didn't like, but it is nearly gone now, so I'm very happy with the bag. It has a handcrafted look and appeals to my eclectic personality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much nicer and brighter, clear colors than depicted in phots
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good for an everyday bag, has a hippy feel, very soft and floppy, but I like that. Was looking for a casual bag with personality and this fit the need perfectly.
- How accurate was the sizing? Just right. I can fit everything in there, all my purse stuff plus my lunch bag and a few other things. No need for more than one bag to fit all my activities for the day
I purchased this bag as a Christmas gift (2012) for my daughter-in-law. The bag arrived in just a few days and was everything I had trusted it would be. (More-so, it was especially appreciated by my D-I-L! ) The leather is incredibly soft and the workmanship is beautiful. The color is vibrant and the earth tones make it an accessory for almost any attire. It's a great bag capable of carrying so much and includes a smaller matching bag. The versatility with the straps is a great feature. She receives so many compliments and inquiries on where she bought it. This is a Great Bag!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent. The colors and design were what attracted me.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great workmanship; soft leather.
- How accurate was the sizing? Very accurate.
Very attractive, funky and unusual looking. High quality. Large and roomy. Comes with a detachable shoulder strap. Looks expensive. Great deal. Con: A few too many metal loops.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the sizing? The woman in the photo must be very tiny, it is not as large as it appear in that photo.
This is one fabulous and well made leather bag! I purchased to use as a travel bag during my stay in Africa. It held up extremely well and was very roomy. The stitching is excellent. I received many compliments. I wanted to purchase one for my friend and daughter but it seems to not be available anymore. I will watch out for it hopefully it will be around again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Outstanding quality....very well made. Excellent price for exceptional value!
- How accurate was the sizing? Accurate
This is the second one just like this that I have purchased. My first one received very heavy use, as a work tote bag, and I carried in bottles of water, lunches, books, etc. The handles, which are pieced and sewn leather began to show some wear. I have since had it repaired but in the meantime I purchased another one. They are the same design but a different execution--the new one was much "sturdier" leather pieces while the first was a softer type of leather. Both are great. I love the colors. You can subject it to a lot of use and it still looks great. This is probably one of the all-time coolest purses/totes I have had!
I was hoping for exact bag as pictured, however when the bag arrived I got totally disappointed. The colours were mostly pink with red and ink blue. Not the look I was aiming for. Made from delicate leather pieces with long straps, nice but the colour threw me off.
What a fabulous, gorgeous finely assembled and detailed bag. I bought this to use as my 25 year old daughter's Easter "basket". The colors are gorgeous. The bag was large enough to contain her Easter basket items...paints, canvases, cases of jelly belly beans, lollipop rings, etc. You know it's a fine thing when you open the box and then have to struggle to gift it to your beloved daughter. My Momma Lama (my daughter's nickname for me) won out. I'm not keeping it and am gifting it as intended. Oooh and it smells like gorgeously rich leather!!