Woodworking for Dummies
You`ve seen a few shows on TV, and working with wood looks like it could be quite entertaining and rewarding. After all, you get to create something that you can proudly display to your friends and fa...
Woodworking For Dummies shows you how your raw building materials stack up, with everything you wood need to know about hardwood, softwood, plywood, veneer wood, plain-sawn wood, rift-cut wood, quarter-sawn wood, solid wood, man-made wood, and more. This down-to-earth guide gives you the goods on how boards are made from trees and the characteristics of hardwood and softwood species, plus all the buzz on
- Gearing up with the right tools
- Putting safety first in your workshop
- Using adhesives and glue
- Working with wood joints
- Smoothing it out by sanding and filling
- Adding color with stains and paints
- Protecting your work with topcoats
Whether you want to put together a simple plywood bookcase or an incredible solid oak dining table, Woodworking For Dummies can help you get organized as you craft your plans for a piece that`ll reflect your personal touch. You`ll discover how to
- Measure and mark your wood
- Distinguish among saw designs
- Choose and use sharpening tools
- Hone in on hot melt glue
- Speed things up with modern frame joints
- Get down to the nitty-gritty on nails
- Apply water-based polyurethanes
This handy reference packs in essential information for the novice woodworker and some advanced tips and tricks to jumpstart any woodworker`s existing skills. Detailed illustrations, how-to photos, and a color insert defining the look of different woods and the effects of finishes are sure to inspire a sawdust storm in your busy workshop.
|Genre||CRAFTS & HOBBIES / Woodwork|
|Publisher Date||2003-10-31 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.3 lb|
|Series Name||For Dummies|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.