Windows 8 In Depth
Do more in less time!
Experienced with Windows? Don’t let Windows 8 make you feel like a beginner again! This book is packed with intensely useful Windows 8 knowledge you won’t find anywhere else. Full of new tips and shortcuts, it’s the fastest, best way to master Windows 8’s full power, get comfortable with its radically different interface, and leverage its new tools for everything from business to video, security to social networking!
• Take a quick guided tour of everything that’s new in Windows 8
• Survive without the Start menu
• Navigate the new Windows 8 interface (and customize it to make yourself more comfortable)
• Learn hidden shortcuts you’d never find on your own
• Quickly locate and use files, media, apps, websites, and management tools
• Set up your Web connection, and discover Internet Explorer 10’s latest improvements
• Get comfortable with Windows 8’s built-in apps, from Calendar and Finance to Weather and Windows Store
• Save time by monitoring Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn through one unified app
• Make the most of Windows 8’s supercharged media and imaging tools
• Profit from Windows 8’s built-in support for business presentations
• Maximize the performance and efficiency of hardware, storage, and software
• Protect yourself from viruses, spyware, data theft, fraud, spam, hackers, and snoops
• Use SkyDrive to access your data from anywhere—and use Remote Desktop to access your computer, too
• Get even more power with Windows 8’s ...
Brian Knittel is a software developer, consultant, and writer. He has authored or coauthored many of Que’s best-selling Windows books, including Que’s leading Windows books,Special Edition Using Microsoft Windowsand Windows 7 In Depth. Brian is also the author ofWindows XP Under the Hood and Windows 7 and Vista Guide to Scripting, Automation, and Command Line Tools. In addition, Brian coauthoredUpgrading and Repairing Microsoft Windows with Scott Mueller.
Paul McFedries is the author of more than 75 computer books that have sold more than 4 million copies worldwide. His recent titles include the Sams Publishing booksMicrosoft Windows 7 Unleashed and Microsoft Windows Home Server 2011 Unleashed as well as the Que Publishing booksTweak It and Freak It: A Killer Guide to Making Windows Run Your Way, Formulas and Function: Microsoft Excel 2010, andBuild It. Fix It. Own It: A Beginner’s Guide to Building and Upgrading a PC. Paul is also the proprietor of Word Spy (www.wordspy.com), a website devoted to tracking new words and phrases as they enter the English language.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.