Jesse Friedman is a veteran WordPress developer and an active member of the community. He speaks on WordPress at conferences and WordCamps around the country, and draws from his experience as a professor at Johnson & Wales University (where he teaches web design, development and planning, and information architecture) to educate readers on everything from core fundamentals through advanced development.
Legions of web designers and developers are choosing WordPress for building sites. That's because it's powerful, reliable, flexible, scalableand more. This book is your complete guide to mastering WordPress theme development, covering everything from installation to leveraging the community and resources to improve your WordPress skills for years to come. You'll learn how to:
- Install WordPress and work on a development server
- Create site plans and content architecture
- Develop basic through advanced WordPress themes
- Maintain responsive design integrity
- Implement the right plugins
- Convert an already-built website to a WordPress-powered theme
- Get involved with the WordPress community
With detailed explanations, real-life examples, and step-by-step tutorials, you'll find everything you need to build and deploy WordPress-powered websites with no prior server-side or WordPress development experience.