Bathroom Readers' Institute: The Bathroom Readers' Institute is a tight-knit group of loyal and skilled writers, researchers, and editors who have been working as a team for years. The BRI understands the habits of a very special market--Throne Sitters--and devotes itself to providing amazing facts and conversation pieces.
The crackpot staff of the Bathroom Readers Institute is out of control. After 25 years of laboriously researching facts and verifying them and then verifying them again, Uncle Johns mischievous minions decided to blow off a little steam. The result: Fake Facts. Its stuff that isnt even remotely true--we just made it sound real. Why? Because its really funny. Fake Facts is 228 pages of origins, facts, weird products, strange diseases, kooky fads, slang terms, historical oddities, and other fascinating bits of information that are too good to be true
because they arent true. So put aside your BS detector and settle in to read about:
* The ill-fated Vice President For a Day for kids program
* How the overfishing of dolphins led to the canned tuna industry
* Crumble, plaidsy, benji, and other British slang
* Abandoned rules of early baseball, and obscure rules of grammar
* How early vegetarians gave Boston its Beantown nickname
* The secret superpowers of twins
* James Joyces unpublished sci-fi trilogy
* Unicorns, wizards, and pirates galore
And lots more falsified fun!