Michael Spadaccini, J.D., is a former practicing lawyer and author. In his law career, he helped hundreds of small businesses with their corporate and LLC formations and operations. He is the author of numerous books on business and corporate law. He lives in Austin, Texas where he continues to write and serves as a consultant advising businesses regarding their internet strategies and growth.
Plan, Organize, Form, Operate, and Maintain a Corporation in Any State.
Millions of companies have incorporated, benefiting from this highly effective method for protecting owners assets and avoiding liabilities. Every year, tens of thousands of corporations are formed. However, the risks are substantial for those who wont do it right and neglect to regularly address corporate maintenance as protection from liability. Dont make this mistake.
This must-have resource offers practical tips and proven advice on the dos and donts (as well as the forms and tools) or corporate operations and maintenance. Our experts help you understand the advantages and disadvantages of incorporating in your state, based on corporate laws and tax structure. Packed with information, this guide:
- Outlines the pros, cons, and uses of different business structures, including corporations and S corporations, sole proprietorships, LLCs, and partnerships
- Details the 13 steps to self-incorporation, breaking down a complex and intimidating process into a series of small, simple tasks
- Provides contact information and summaries of the incorporation laws in 50 states and Washington, DC, including requirements and costs for filing
- Includes 25+ corporate documents that can be easily downloaded and customized
- Details the 6 most important liability protection rules
- Includes a glossary defining complex legal terms in easy-to-understand language
This invaluable handbook is an ideal resource for those seeking to create a small corporation as well as for owners of existing corporations who need effective methods of keeping up-to-date records.