I read all of the reviews, and most of them made good points, but I didn't find the series too terribly long, and Jack and Gwen were still major players, unlike some reviews implied (though there wasn't much of Rhys, and the location had sadly moved away from Wales). It is no longer the monster-of-the-week format, but was very thought provoking, and engrossing on the use/dependency of pharmceuticals, and the big business aspect of same. Overall extremely entertaining and enjoyable, and it clearly left the way open for more Torchwood, which was encouraging. We enjoyed all but the overly-contrived and somewhat abruptly thrown-in gay and straight sex scenes. I agreed with the reviewer who said it seemed like they felt compelled to put them in, simply because they could (due to the time slot playing in England and cable-station status in US) rather than because it in any way enriched the story. Instead the random cheap sex scenes played like an abrupt, somewhat disturbing distraction from the story and plot-line. Taking them out would have cost the story nothing and would have increased the population at my house who would have been allowed to watch the series.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. worked fine
As described and shipped / arrived as stated. Happy with DVD I received.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Exactly the same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Brand new shrink wrapped