You’ve made it! Your baby has turned one! Now the real fun begins. From temper tantrums to toilet training, raising a toddler brings its own set of challenges and questions — and Toddler 411 has the answers. Following on the heels of the best-s......more
You’ve made it! Your baby has turned one! Now the real fun begins. From temper tantrums to toilet training, raising a toddler brings its own set of challenges and questions — and Toddler 411 has the answers. Following on the heels of the best-seller Baby 411, Toddler 411 bottles the wisdom of parents who’ve “been there, done that” . . . and combines it with solid medical advice from an award-winning pediatrician. Inside, you’ll learn:
• The truth about The Terrible Twos—and how to raise a well-behaved child without going insane.
• Picky Eaters—learn how to cope . . . and convince your child to eat something besides Goldfish crackers.
• Toilet train your toddler in just one day. No, that’s not a typo—learn the Zen of Toilet Training, when to start and how to make it work.
• What’s normal—and what’s not when it comes to your toddler’s growth and development. Spot the early clues for autism and other red flags.
• Simple steps and smart advice to avoid environmental hazards. The most up-to-date, evidence-based health info for you and your toddler!
This new 4th edition is revised and expanded with new content:
1. Toddler Tech 411: Yes, your toddler can navigate your iPad better than you, but does it boost his brain? Screens off all shapes and sizes are everywhere. Learn if they help or hurt your child's development and how to manage media use in your family.
2. Does your preschooler have ADD? New guidelines for diagnosis and treatment for kids as young as age four.
3. Food allergies on the rise. What tests and evaluations are useful and which ones aren't. Plus the latest advice on treatment for food allergies.
4. More on toddler sleep problems. How to reach sleep nirvana in your house!
Ari Brown, M.D., FAAP completed her bachelor’s degree in child development from the University of Texas at Austin, her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine, and her general pediatric residency and fellowship in developmental/behavioral pediatrics at Harvard Medical School/Children’s Hospital Boston. Dr. Brown is Board Certified and is a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She has been in private practice since 1995. Her passion to educate families (and sheer lunacy) led her to co-author Baby 411: Clear Answers and Smart Advice for your Baby’s First Year with Denise Fields in 2003. Baby 411 is a new parents’ survival guide and is a best seller with over 200,000 copies in print.
Dr. Brown is a trusted source for children’s healthcare information, serving as a spokesperson for the American Academy of Pediatrics and a medical advisor to Parents Magazine. She is a regularly featured parenting expert on the Rachael Ray Show. She has also appeared on NBC’s Today Show, Good Morning America, CNN, in the New York Times and Time Magazine.
Dr. Brown promotes child advocacy on the legislative committee for the Texas Pediatric Society, the communications council for the American Academy of Pediatrics, and advisor to the Texas Medical Association’s Be-Wise Immunize program. She was awarded Outstanding Young Professional by her university’s alumni association and the prestigious Profiles in Power Award by the Austin Business Journal for her service to the community. Dr. Brown was also voted Austin’s Favorite Pediatrician in 2004.
When she isn’t writing books on her day off or picking her kids up from baseball or dance practice, she sees patients full-time at Capital Pediatric Group in Austin, TX.
Denise Fields is a consumer advocate who, along with her husband Alan, has made a career out of chronicling life’s milestones.
The Fields first national book Bridal Bargains was released in 1990, inspired by their experiences planning an affordable wedding. After Oprah recommended the book to her viewers, the book became a best-seller with over 500,000 copies in print. Bridal Bargains’ expose of rip-offs and consumer abuse of engaged couples was hailed by the Wall Street Journal, which said the book was “stirring up a commotion in the bridal industry.”
The Fields’ next book, Your New House, grew out of the couple’s own experience building a new home in Monument, Colorado. “This book is, by far, the best book available on how to buy or build a new home,” raved Chicago Tribune syndicated columnist Robert Bruss. The San Francisco Examiner picked the book as one of the Top 10 Best Real Estate Books. Your New House guides home buyers through the new home construction process, with detailed tips on hiring a builder, what to get in writing and which scams to watch out for.
Baby Bargains continued this tradition. The Fields’ best-selling consumer guide to baby gear was inspired by the birth of their sons, Ben and Jack. Baby Bargains has been featured on the Today Show, Oprah, and Dateline NBC.
Denise Fields holds a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Colorado. A native of Colorado, Denise grew up in Loveland.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.