The Way I See It: A Personal Look at Autism & Asperger's (Paperback)
In this innovative book, Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day. Temple offers helpful do’s and don’ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, al...
In this innovative book, Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day. Temple offers helpful do’s and don’ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, all based on her “insider” perspective and a great deal of research. These are just some of the specific topics Temple delves into:
- How and Why People with Autism Think Differently
- Economical Early Intervention Programs that Work
- How Sensory Sensitivities Affect Learning
- Behaviors Caused by a Disability vs. Just Bad Behaviors
- Teaching People with Autism to Live in an Unpredictable World
- Alternative Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine
- Employment Ideas for Adults with Autism
This revised and expanded edition contains revisions based on the most current autism research, as well as 14 additional articles including:
- The Role of Genetics and Environmental Factors in Causing Autism
- Understanding the Mind of a Nonverbal Person with Autism
- Finding Mentors and Appropriate Colleges
- And many more!
|Genre||PSYCHOLOGY / Psychopathology / Autism Spectrum Disorders|
|Publisher Date||2011-03-15 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Future Horizons Inc|
|Unit weight||1.26 lb|
|Subtitle||A Personal Look at Autism & Asperger's|
|Edition Detail||Revised, Expanded|
|Authors||Grandin, Temple, Ph.D.|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.