The Wall Street Journal Complete Estate-Planning Guidebook (Paperback)
Lets face it: you can't avoid death or taxes. But you can create an estate plan that will make both a whole lot easier for your loved ones and putyou in control of how your assets will get passed to your heirs.
Here, Wall Stre...
Here, Wall Street Journal personal-finance reporter Rachel Emma Silverman walks you step-by-step through the process. Chock-full of clear and solid advice on how to get the most out of the main estate planning tools - including wills, trusts, life insurance, guardianship papers, and powers-of-attorney documents - the Wall Street Journal Complete Estate-Planning Guidebook will help make your estate-planning process as simple, smooth, and unintimidating as possible.
This book will help you:
· Clarify your estate-planning goals, such as dividing up property for heirs, reducing taxes or leaving money for charity
· Understand the key estate-planning documents youll need, including wills, beneficiary-designation forms, powers-of-attorney and health-care advance directives
· Decode the technical jargon that estate planners often use, so you feel comfortable discussing QTIPs and QPRTs when you sit down with your lawyer.
· Reduce possible estate, gift or generation-skipping taxes and legal and probate fees decreasing what goes to the tax man and increasing what goes to your heirs
· Learn strategies to divide money and personal property among your heirs, and reduce the possibility of family fights
· Discuss sensitive estate-planning issues with your family
· Maintain your estate-plan over time, including how to store and when to update your documents
With completely up-to-date information on how to navigate the new 2011 estate tax legislation, and thoughtful advice on how to handle your estate in complicated situations like if youre single, in a same-sex relationship, or wish to provide for children with special needs - this is the estae-planning guide for todays messy and complicated world.
One of the biggest estate planning mistakes people make, says Silverman, is waiting too long to start. Which is why theWall Street Journal Complete Estate-Planning Guidebook isnt just for those planning for retirement or their golden years. Its for anyone, of any age, who wants the peace of mind of knowing that your wishes will be respected and your hard-earned money will get passed on as you would like.
|Genre||LAW / Estates & Trusts|
|Publisher Date||2011-09-06 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||0.6 lb|
|Authors||Silverman, Rachel Emma|
Questions & Answers
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Twilight - Beyond the Novels
Twilight: Beyond the Novels from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about Twilight, the novel and advice about our many brand-name products.
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide from Overstock.com. Looking for something to read? Here is a list of notable Pulitzer Prize-winning books.
How to Start a Book Club
How to Start a Book Club from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to start a book club and advice about our many brand-name products.
How to Create Your Own Reading List
How to Create Your Own Reading List from Overstock.com. Learn how to choose books that you'll enjoy and create a useful, engaging, and fun reading list.
FAQs About Banned Books
FAQs about Banned Books from Overstock.com. Celebrate the freedom to read! Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about banned books.
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with tips on selecting the perfect entertainment gift and advice about our many brand-name products.
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.