Chef Igor Brotto is originally from Italy and has worked throughout Italy, England and Germany before settling in Montreal, Quebec in the mid-nineties. He has written two cookbooks and also teaches at ITHQ (Institut de tourisme et d'hotellerie du Quebec).
Chef Olivier Guiriec is originally from France where he began his training as a cook in the mid-eighties. He has lived in Canada since the mid-nineties where he continues to perfect his art and pursue his interest in marrying international cuisine with local products. He also teaches at ITHQ.
A wonderful collection of varied and tempting recipes intended not only for vegetarians but for anyone who simply enjoys good eating.
The inspiration behind this outstanding vegetarian cookbook was the authors' desire to share both classic and internationally inspired dishes that will appeal to everyone -- vegetarian and non-vegetarian alike -- no matter the occasion. Their goal was to bring together an incredible variety of forms, colors, aromas and flavors. And although these recipes have been developed by chefs with a gourmet sensibility, they've made sure that the recipes can be mastered by anyone who enjoys cooking.
Get inspired by these fresh, flavorful and often festive recipes:
- Vegetarian Cassoulet, Cannelloni Florentine
- Sweet Mama Squash Hushpuppies, Linguine Canaletto
- Woodsy Mixed Sprout Salad, Spicy Lentil Samosas, Ratatouille
- Braised Quinoa with Fennel and Boletus Mushrooms
- Cheese Fondue, Ciabatta with Grilled Vegetables
- Goat Cheese and Alfalfa Sprouts, Polenta Pasticciata
- Sweet-Moroccan-Style Couscous, Vegetarian Chili
- Squash and Cortland Apple Gratin, Figs with Port
- Apple Strudel, Caramelized Nectarines Scented with Vanilla
There are extraordinary health benefits that can be derived by adopting a more vegetarian based lifestyle and it also provides an opportunity to support artisan growers throughout North America.