The New Organic Grower: A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener (Paperback)
With more than 45,000 sold since 1988, The New Organic Grower has become a modern classic. In this newly revised and expanded edition, master grower Eliot Coleman continues to present the simplest and most sustainable ways of growing top-quality organic vegetables. Coleman updates practical information on marketing the harvest, on small-scale equipment, and on farming and gardening for the long-term health of the soil. The new book is thoroughly updated, and includes all-new chapters such as:
- Farm-Generated Fertilityhow to meet your soil-fertility needs from the resources of your own land, even if manure is not available.
- The Moveable Feasthow to construct home-garden and commercial-scale greenhouses that can be easily moved to benefit plants and avoid insect and disease build-up.
- The Winter Gardenhow to plant, harvest, and sell hardy salad crops all winter long from unheated or minimally heated greenhouses.
- Pestshow to find "plant-positive" rather than "pest-negative" solutions by growing healthy, naturally resistant plants.
- The Information Resourcehow and where to learn what you need to know to grow delicious organic vegetables, no matter where you live.
Written for the serious gardener or small market farmer, The New Organic Grower proves that, in terms of both efficiency and profitability, smaller can be better.
|Genre||GARDENING / Organic|
|Publisher Date||1995-10-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Chelsea Green Pub Co|
|Unit weight||1.9 lb|
|Subtitle||A Master's Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener|
|Edition Detail||Revised, Expanded, Subsequent|
Questions & Answers
Shopping Tips & Inspiration
Twilight - Beyond the Novels
Twilight: Beyond the Novels from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about Twilight, the novel and advice about our many brand-name products.
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide
Pulitzer Prize Literature Guide from Overstock.com. Looking for something to read? Here is a list of notable Pulitzer Prize-winning books.
How to Start a Book Club
How to Start a Book Club from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with information about how to start a book club and advice about our many brand-name products.
How to Create Your Own Reading List
How to Create Your Own Reading List from Overstock.com. Learn how to choose books that you'll enjoy and create a useful, engaging, and fun reading list.
FAQs About Banned Books
FAQs about Banned Books from Overstock.com. Celebrate the freedom to read! Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about banned books.
10 Fun Facts about Disney
10 Fun Facts about Disney from Overstock.com. Disney has a long, exciting history, and here are some fun and lesser known facts.
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift
Tips on Selecting the Perfect Entertainment Gift from Overstock.com. Our guides provide customers with tips on selecting the perfect entertainment gift and advice about our many brand-name products.
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *