Judith Finlayson is a food writer and the author of many cookbooks, including the bestselling 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes, Delicious and Dependable Slow Cooker Recipes, and 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes.
A winning combination of healthy eating and convenience.
Here's an ideal combination: a tasty meal, nutrition for good health, and the convenience of a slow cooker. The Healthy Slow Cooker offers more than 100 delicious, nourishing recipes that are healthy and contain key nutritional, health and wellness information. Along with a complete nutrient analysis, each recipe will feature:
- An icon denotes vegan friendly recipes
- "Mindful morsels" that highlight particular nutritional elements
- "Natural Wonders" that provide an a overview of a dish's healthful benefits
For example, Indian-Style Chicken with Pureed Spinach provides 400% of the daily requirement of Vitamin K, and cumin in the recipe improves digestion. Here's a small sampling of the tantalizing array of recipes:
- Creamy Polenta with Corn and Chilies
- Moroccan-Style Lamb with Apricots and Raisins
- Ribs 'n' Greens with Wheatberries
- Winter Vegetable Casserole
- Cranberry Pear Brown Betty
- Indian Banana Pudding
For diabetics, the book features a separate section of useful advice and nutrition guidelines.