The Fashion Designer Survival Guide: Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business (Paperback)
Mary Gehlhar, author, industry authority, and consultant to hundreds of designers, including Zac Posen, Twinkle by Wenlan, Rebecca Taylor, and Cloak, gives readers behind-the-scenes insights and essential business information on creating and sustaining...
ITEM#: 11066589Mary Gehlhar, author, industry authority, and consultant to hundreds of designers, including Zac Posen, Twinkle by Wenlan, Rebecca Taylor, and Cloak, gives readers behind-the-scenes insights and essential business information on creating and sustaining a successful career as an independent designer.
With advice from fashion luminaries including Donna Karan, Tommy Hilfiger, Cynthia Rowley, Diane von Furstenberg, Richard Tyler, and top executives from Saks Fifth Avenue and Barneys New York, this fully updated and revised edition of The Fashion Designer Survival Guide addresses the latest trends in apparel and accessories, the newest designers, an updated introduction, and a new foreword by Diane von Furstenberg, Designer and President of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA).
The Fashion Designer Survival Guide provides the necessary tools to get a fashion line or label up and moving on the right track, including:
- How to create a viable business plan
- Figuring out how much money you need, where and how to get it, and how to make it last, including the latest on private equity
- The best sources for fabric and materials
- Navigating the pitfalls of production both at home and abroad
- Marketing, branding, and getting the product into the stores and into the customerís closets
- Romancing the press, dressing celebrities, and creative publicity techniques
- Producing a runway show that will get results
|Genre||BUSINESS & ECONOMICS / Careers / Job Hunting|
|Publisher Date||2008-07-01 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Kaplan Test Prep|
|Unit weight||1.1 lb|
|Subtitle||Start and Run Your Own Fashion Business|
|Edition Detail||Expanded, Revised|
- Disclosures & Guidelines
- Filter By:
- Most Helpful
- Most Recent
A must have book for anyone even considering starting a business in the fashion industry! Great advice from those who know the industry like no one else! Very useful information!Read More
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.