The Everything Guide to Ayurveda: Improve Your Health, Develop Your Inner Energy, and Find Balance in Your Life (Paperback)
Combining the Sanskrit words "ayur" (life) and "veda" (knowledge), Ayurveda is an ancient Indian practice for living that dates back thousands of years. Ayurveda promotes a mind-consciousness-body balance that, when in perfect alignment, result...
Combining the Sanskrit words "ayur" (life) and "veda" (knowledge), Ayurveda is an ancient Indian practice for living that dates back thousands of years. Ayurveda promotes a mind-consciousness-body balance that, when in perfect alignment, results in improved health, outlook, and attitude. This is the optimal guide for families interested in Ayurveda, with information on:
- The history of Ayurvedic medicine in India
- Discovering individual "doshas," or personality types
- Incorporating Ayurvedic foods into your everyday diet
- Yoga and exercise techniques for each "dosha"
- Meditation and relaxation tips for the whole family
Hilary Garivaltis is dean of the Kripalu School of Ayurveda in Stockbridge, MA, and received her training at the New England Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine with advanced training from the Rishikesh College of Ayurveda and the Jiva Institute in India.
|Author||Spear, Heidi E.|
|Genre||HEALTH & FITNESS / Yoga|
|Publisher Date||2012-01-18 00:00:00.0|
|Publisher||Adams Media Corp|
|Unit weight||1.2 lb|
|Subtitle||Improve Your Health, Develop Your Inner Energy, and Find Balance in Your Life|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.