The Embassy House: The Explosive Eyewitness Account of the Libyan Embassy Siege by the Soldier Who Was There (Hardcover)
September 11, 2012: Hundreds of fanatics from Al Qaeda’s Shariah Brigade descend on the American Embassy compound in Benghazi, Libya, in a meticulously timed, flawlessly staged nighttime assault that resulted in the brutal murder of the U.S. Ambassador...
ITEM#: 15328604September 11, 2012: Hundreds of fanatics from Al Qaeda’s Shariah Brigade descend on the American Embassy compound in Benghazi, Libya, in a meticulously timed, flawlessly staged nighttime assault that resulted in the brutal murder of the U.S. Ambassador to Libya, J. Christopher Stevens. In its sheer audacity alone, the attack was a shattering pronouncement that America’s enemies will take every opportunity to spill innocent blood for their cause.
But why was the Embassy such a vulnerable target? Who was responsible for safeguarding the ambassador and why couldn’t they come to his aid? How could the terrorists’ plan be allowed to succeed in an era when our foreign agencies should be more protected than ever before?
While fundamental questions like these have gone unanswered by the Obama administration, the outrage of so many Americans at Ambassador Stevens’s death has only deepened in the year since the Benghazi siege.
At last, the events surrounding that dark and desperate night come to light in a gripping, moment-by-moment narrative from the only man in a position to tell the full story. Sergeant Morgan Jones, who headed the Embassy’s security detail for six months in 2012, goes behind the scenes to reveal:
• The Embassy’s secret access that no one but Jones knew about—and that allowed him entry as the savage firefight raged on
• Jones’s discovery of the murdered ambassador’s body and his confirmation that the killing was indeed targeted and sadistically brutal
• The State Department’s rotation system that left Embassy security sorely understaffed with a small, new team in place on the night of the attack
• The enemies’ undetected reconnaissance and how they crafted a seamless assault that simultaneously cut off any possible outside assistance
• How the Embassy’s key armed security detail was made up of a local militia closely allied to Al Qaeda
• How those Americans serving at the Embassy re...
|Genre||BIOGRAPHY & AUTOBIOGRAPHY / Military|
|Publisher Date||2013-10-29 00:00:00.0|
|Unit weight||1.1 lb|
|Subtitle||The Explosive Eyewitness Account of the Libyan Embassy Siege by the Soldier Who Was There|
Questions & Answers
Shipping & Returns
Standard Return Policy:
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More Details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your protection, all orders are screened for security purposes. If your order is selected for review, our Loss Prevention Team may contact you by phone or email. There may be a two business day delay to process your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.