I buy multiples of this book to give to my students who are studying composition and English. A short, simple book on how to be a better writer. Truly a CLASSIC book. Price was fantastic on Overstock: I think I bought four.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Perfect.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Completely accurate.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
Helped me with my writing skills and I still use it from time to time
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? well
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very helpful
I have owned other Strunk and White Elements of Style in the past and I mistakingly expected this one to be up to par with the others. Unfortunately, that was not the case. There is much that is omitted from this edition that is pertinent and essential to those who are serious about writing. Perhaps if I had purchased one of the more expensive editions available on the site it would have been more conclusive. Thus, I need to remember the admonishment of my late father who always said, "You only get what you pay for." So, do yourself a favor and invest in the editions that are priced higher, but ensure they are a totally different edition than this one.
I have owned both the 2nd and 3rd editions of this fine reference. I recommend it for all who write, whether as novelists or for business communications "on the job." In fact, as part of an eight person department in a new job (and as witness to some frightful documents), I am buying a copy of the 4th edition for each of us. After I bought my first copy, this English language and grammar reference book has always been on my desk and used frequently.