With substantial revisions reflecting new research and changes in society, the fifth edition of The Dynamics of Persuasion introduces students to major theories of persuasion and attitudes, using theory as the key to unlock the mysteries of......more
With substantial revisions reflecting new research and changes in society, the fifth edition of The Dynamics of Persuasion introduces students to major theories of persuasion and attitudes, using theory as the key to unlock the mysteries of contemporary social influence. Organized in terms of major concepts, issues, and persuasion contexts, the book offers a lucid introduction to the body of scholarly knowledge on persuasion, up-to-date examples of persuasion in real life, and a thorough discussion of the ethics of persuasion in contemporary society.
This package includes a free one-year subscription to an enhanced Interactive eTextbook, complete with author-narrated chapter synopses, videos, exercises, flashcards, and more resources for instructors and students.
Key features of the interactive e-textbook:
• Anytime, anywhere access via VitalSource’s Bookshelf; the most used eTextbook platform in the world
• End-of-chapter interactive exercises; multiple-choice exercises to encourage students to test their understanding of the key concepts
• Audio chapter introductions from the author
• Note taking and sharing functionalities
• Clickable definitions for key terms
• Hyperlinked further reading with links to key websites selected by the author
• A full color version of the text.
Available Instructor Resources:
• An instructor manual
• An image bank drawn from the text
• A video playlist with complementary discussion questions
• Chapter-by-chapter slides which instructors can adapt and integrate with their teaching
• Web links to useful websites and further reading
Visit RoutledgeInteractive.com where instructors can register to access the instructor resources for free.
Richard M. Perloff, Professor of Communication at Cleveland State University, has been on the faculty at Cleveland State since 1979. He has written scholarly textbooks on persuasion, political communication, and the communication of AIDS prevention. Dr. Perloff is a nationally-known expert on the third-person effect, the divergent perceptions of mass media impact on others and the self. From 2003 to 2011, he served as chair and the first director of the School of Communication at Cleveland State. Perloff enjoys teaching undergraduate persuasion, graduate persuasion, and political communication courses at Cleveland State. He is a Fellow of the Midwest Association for Public Opinion Research, writes feature stories for Cleveland weekly newspapers, and has received city and state-wide journalism awards for his work. He lives in Beachwood, Ohio with his family, is an early morning swimmer, and newspaper-with- coffee aficionado.
This item will be delivered to you via USPS Trackable Media Mail or UPS Mail Innovations and will take from 2 days to 3 weeks from the time the item leaves our warehouse. *
Items must be returned in new or unused condition and contain all original materials included with the shipment. More details
FINAL SALE EXCLUSION: Items marked as FINAL SALE are not returnable unless the problem you experience is the result of our error.
* For your safety, some orders go through our loss prevention department. If we select your order for this process, we will immediately notify you that there may be up to a 3-day delay on your order.
** Most Oversize orders are delivered within 1-4 weeks. Some orders may take 6 weeks to be delivered.